Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Camelbak Mule NV 2011
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

worth the extra cash over the standard mule? on CRC at 65 quid…..seems to have all the features im after…colours are a bit naff, but stealthy black is the way forward! how big are they actually on your back? massssssive or just a normal back pack size?

shredder
    Free Member

Selling a black Mule NV used twice in about a week if you can hang on.
    Could do a deal ?
    Email in profile

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hmmm how much shredder? used the hydration sack? valve? etc

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

any more thoughts on it btw folks please?

andytherocketeer

Not massive at all. Ignore the quoted volume. Can get all the usual stuff in them, plus a waterproof, and a couple of OS maps, but forget the DSLR, fleece and lunchbox, if your doing an all-day trip with a full 3 litres in the bladder.

Removed the corrugated back shaping thing from mine, which gains a bit of extra space.

Wozza
    Free Member

I’ve just bought one of these for a change from my Blowfish. Feels much smaller on your back and the D-Fit straps are nicer. Not a lot of space left once you’ve got a few tools in, your sarnies, keys, phone, spare tube and a few ££ but make use of the external storage and there’s just enough room for everything you need on the hills in bad weather.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

good stuff guys – thanks, assuming yours are the nv version? not to heavy overall? sounds like the best option to go for as most of my riding is between 2-5 hours…like the idea of built in raincover too!

brassneck

I have the 2010 which isn’t spectacularly different. Not sure I like the NV bit, it doesn’t seem heavier, just bulkier as it sits on your back rather than hugs it. I suppose it’s a bit less sweaty but for me its the difference between very sweaty and very very sweaty.

Personally I think it’s big enough for a full day out in big hills, but I suppose it depends what you’re used to – I’d only go bigger (I have a Deuter thing too) for camping or carrying all my work clothes in on a Monday.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cool sounds like it would be plenty big enough for me – carry pocket rocket waterproof, mini pump, sarnies, gels, mini tool, puncture repair kit, 3l water, lights, allen keys all the usual gubbins, literally for riding, nothing like commuting etc….

seems a pretty good deal at 64.99 on CRC at the mo…..

anyone else no anywhere even cheaper?

brassneck

My older one was around £50 from Merlin with VIP discount, only available in Essex White tho 🙂

Might still have some?

brassneck

Oh, and check if it has an integral raincover if it’s important, I honestly can’t remember as I never use them.

I have a 2010. I quite like it. It will, surprise surprise, take pretty much the same kit as a standard Mule. I usually have a mountain morph pump, water/windproof, first aid kit and a couple of spare tubes in mine (and a heap of smaller stuff). I can get sandwiches in too, just.

It seems a lot less sweaty to me vs. my old standard mule, but I still sweat.

I’ve never noticed a raincover!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

had a look on merlin, only the newer ones in, and 12 quid dearer than CRC, looks like CRC it is then!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

shredder-if the OP doesn’t take it may depending on price etc…

shredder
    Free Member

Mine is a 2011 version with rain cover bladder used twice and cleaned then frozen. Bag is like new looking for £50 posted recorded mail.
    Cheers

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

shredder what about pack only as i have a new style 3litre bladder? is it the 2011 one? as its considerably lighter than the 2010 nv version?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak Mule NV 2011’ is closed to new replies.