Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • calling all Kettle Chips fans
  • DenDennis
    Free Member

A question for you-
    Is it just me, or has the quality become noticeably worse over recent times??
    I remember that no so long ago, when scoffing a pack of the orange ones, you'd have to get bits of the orange flavour coating from under your finger nails, lick the colour off finger tips etc, same with the yellow pack.
    nowadays, no yellow fingers to be had, and the cooking oil seems to leave them not as 'deep-fried-fatty' textured.
    The above disappoints me- anyone have similar / differing experiences? 😐

pedalhead
    Free Member

Yup they all taste of ready salted to me. I dont buy them any more.

swavis

I'm still gutted they stopped doing the Jalepeno Jack flavour in the black bags!!

DezB
    Free Member
    DenDennis
    Free Member

Just told em, Dez- cheers.
    I wait for their response.

DezB
    Free Member

I (used to) like so much I had to stop myself buying them. Could easily stuff down one of the big bags!

DenDennis
    Free Member

^same here.
    makes me think they've also reduced the amount per bag.
    I polished off an entire big green bag in less than an hour earlier this week, shouldn't have been able to do that…

OmarLittle
    Free Member

they have been replaced in my affections by mackies crisps. fewer fat and calories in a big bag of mackies than kettle chips so it means im taking the healthy option and can eat twice as much

onandon
    Free Member

try the ones from M&S far far better IMHO.

bommer
    Free Member

seabrooks are the choice at the moment. The 2 chilli jobs are great.

_tom_
    Free Member

I like the chilli kettle chips. The rest are a bit crap, especially salt & vinegar.

davesmum
    Free Member

Salt and pepper for me. The bags have got smaller though 🙁

Kuco

Seabrooks just seem all greasy and horrible. Love Kettle Cheddar & red onion though.

desboy3
    Free Member

Yip, my wife who is a crisp afficianado says they're pi$h now and she could easily pack away a big bag. She reckons M and S are now the way to go.

Kuco

About the only crisp I won't eat is Pringles just taste all chemically.

IA

I'm pretty keen on the other vegetable based crisps these days, parsnip, beetroot, carrot etc. Particularly parsnip.

spacemonkey

You want to try these bad boys … Finished off a packet off lightly salted in record time last w/end.

Kuco

I'll give them ago spacemonkey.

Jamie
    Free Member

I see Walkers have stepped into the fancy crisp arena recently. Going to try some of their Salt and Malt Vinegar crisps later…watch this space.

Kuco

I always find walkers crisp greasy, Though I do like their Sensation sweet chilli crisp.

Vader
    Free Member

Blimey I thought it was just me.The sweet chilli flavour went totally pish when they changed to the 'great new flavour'. I thought i just got a bad batch but the second and third packs were just awful. I told em but they didnt listen. Instead they just send me junk mail, nice touch.

It's left me in a savoury snack quandry ever since. Although I have to say my head has been turned by aldi cashews at a pound a bag.

Tinners

I used to like kettle chips until I tasted Tyrrells. Kettle chips (and many of the supermarket own brand versions) have a bitter "burnt" taste to them in my opinion and Tyrrells are in a different league. Try them and see what you think, if you've not tasted them already.

juan
    Free Member

I am a huge fan off them… But down here. It's about 2.5£ a bag O8

Jamie
    Free Member

Going to try some of their Salt and Malt Vinegar crisps later…watch this space.

Underwhelming. Just like regular Walkers really. Bit annoying seeing as they were £1.49 for 150g pack….the same price as Tyrells, Kettle Chips etc.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Tyrrells are good. Burts (similar style) are horribly overflavoured, Kettle are somewhere in the middle.

We have to get them regularly for all our terribly middle class dinner parties 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

We have to get them regularly for all our terribly middle class dinner parties

No Pringles in your house then Mat? 8)

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Pringles are for pikeys 😉

thekingisdead
    Free Member

makes me think they've also reduced the amount per bag.

Common tactic among food manufactures…..facing raw material cost increases (like every industry) they reduce the amount per unit instead of putting prices up….most people dont notice.

Tenuous
    Free Member

Tyrrells are awesome, I'm particularly partial to the Sweet Chilli and Red Pepper ones.

Also, it's worth noting that the Co-op own brand ones are made by Tyrrells.

nom nom nom

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘calling all Kettle Chips fans’ is closed to new replies.