Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Calling all Bristol Heavy Metal fans…
  • mikey74
    Free Member

So, we were heading down to Bristol this weekend (3/4/5 June) for the Temples festival, but the festival has now been cancelled: The question is: What is there to do in Bristol for two metal fans with some unexpected time on their hands? :mrgreen:

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Hi On Maiden, an Iron Maiden tribute band (who’d have guessed?) are playing at The Fleece in town on the Friday night.

mikey74
    Free Member

Ok, cool, thanks. I’m not sure if my mate will like that, but I’ll mention it.

Do you know the Louisiana? (venue)

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Not really my cup my of tea either (I loved early Maiden with Paul Di’Annio, but never that fussed with Bruce Dickinson) but not much else metal related on by the looks of it.

The Louisiana – yes, it’s a pub near the harbourside about10 mins walk from the city centre. Not a bad venue.

mikey74
    Free Member

My mate’s the same, whereas I love the Dickinson era.

There’s a hardcore punk gig at that venue so we may go and check that out.

Thanks for the input.

nickjb
    Free Member

Do they still do metal in the Hatchet? Certainly used to be a hotspot.

nickjb
    Free Member

Double post

alanl
    Free Member

(I loved early Maiden with Paul Di’Annio, but never that fussed with Bruce Dickinson)

And I thought I was the only one.
    What happened to him – excess drink?

mikey74
    Free Member

Do they still do metal in the Hatchet? Certainly used to be a hotspot.

It would appear not, if it’s the same Hatchet I’ve just googled.

CountZero

The Louisiana is a great little venue, the upstairs room where the gigs are has been done up, and it’s a lot tidier than it used to be.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Seems unlikely anyone in Bristol would book a metal gig to clash with Temples.

mikey74
    Free Member

It doesn’t have to be a gig.

mikey74
    Free Member

It sounds like the Fleece is filling in and booking some of the bands due to play at Temples, so that should keep us busy. We’ve already got tickets for the Saturday.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Calling all Bristol Heavy Metal fans…’ is closed to new replies.