• This topic has 25 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jkomo.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Remedies for Snoring?
  • perchypanther
    Free Member

Apparently, someone has been snoring extremely loudly in our bedroom at night whilst i’ve been sleeping.
    This is an unconfirmed rumour at present as I haven’t actually heard it myself but LadyPanther informs me that it’s true and is quite annoying.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what measures this unknown assailant could take to stop the racket?
    I want to be prepared to dispense helpful advice when I eventually catch the blighter.

Pigface
    Free Member

Death

Rubber_Buccaneer

Pillow held firmly over the face

bubs

More alcohol..particularly if after heavy exercise.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Death…by umbanu

fasthaggis

RustySpanner

Earplugs.
    We both snore, it’s a lifesaver.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Having been on both sides of this issue, ear plugs is pretty much it. Well losing weight and separate bedrooms will help too.

Either that or a pillow.

fasthaggis

Do you need a new ring ?

yunki
    Free Member

sleep on yer front… works every time for me

onandon
    Free Member

You’re more likely to snore if you’re over weight. I snored until I lost a stone.
    Are you overweight?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Are you overweight?

I’m no stranger to a fish suppper..

but, it’s NOT me. Person or Persons unknown. TBH I’m not even convinced it’s happening. I’ve never heard it

gobuchul
    Free Member

Reduce your carb intake. Seriously.

Carbs cause inflammation of soft tissues.

I stopped snoring when I reduced by carb intake.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’m no stranger to a fish suppper..

You’d think she’d sleep like a log after that.

Freester

Mandibular Advancement Device. A device you put in your mouth at night, pushes your lower jaw forward stopping you snoring.

Various brands available
    Snorban
    Therasnore
    Snoremender

YMMV

theotherjonv

From Fasthaggis’ link

A simple and discreet snoring remedy that actually works! Endorsed by celebrities like Jim Davidson

I love the use of totally irrelevant celebrities to endorse stuff. Personal favourite:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZzeeAMtIVQ[/video]

But special respect for Phoenix Night’s “Coloncare, with Bob Carolgees and Spit the Dog”

eltonerino
    Free Member

I snore when I’m tired or drunk. I don’t weigh much and don’t drink often, so being tired is the usual thing for me.

If I sleep in the recovery position on my right side, I usually won’t snore.

ste_t
    Free Member

Apparently punching me repeatedly until I roll over onto my front does the trick

allan23
    Free Member

Reduce your carb intake. Seriously.

Carbs cause inflammation of soft tissues.

I stopped snoring when I reduced by carb intake.

That has to be the most roundabout and politically correct way of suggesting someone may be fat that I’ve ever seen 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

That has to be the most roundabout and politically correct way of suggesting someone may be fat that I’ve ever seen

or it could be a glowing endorsement of fuel injection systems? 😉

grum
    Free Member

I snore when I’m tired or drunk. I don’t weigh much and don’t drink often, so being tired is the usual thing for me.

So tired that you fall asleep? I find there seems to be some correlation between sleeping and snoring too, but I haven’t quit worked it out yet. 🙂

maccruiskeen

Pillow held firmly over the face

Poor LadyPanther – talk about shooting the messenger. Still – it’ll certainly be the last you hear of any complaints about snoring.

maccruiskeen

That has to be the most roundabout and politically correct way of suggesting someone may be fat that I’ve ever seen

I’m big boned I my soft tissues are inflamed

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Depends.

If you are a nasal snorer, sometimes steroid sprays will help, sometimes nasal surgery.

But most people are palatal snorers… Weight loss and less alcohol help many people. A few get helped by devices linked to here already.. Some people are helped by palatal surgery (UPPP) but the success rate is not brilliant and is generally only done privately.

Ear plugs can be relationship savers. Also there are some people who can sleep through it, and others who can’t. My ex-wife could, and so can my Partner now. But the one in between… despite being a player of the nasal trombone herself… found it a real problem.

z1ppy

I’m told.. Pinch the culprits nose can stop it, otherwise sleeping on you side (left in this case) can stop it.. I don’t know for sure, just have vague memories of being shouted at to turn over.
    Last weeks cold ment I the snorer ended up sleeping alone as they snored on their side as well

jkomo

Snore strips on the nose help, earplugs for the Mrs.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Remedies for Snoring?’ is closed to new replies.