Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Call me Dave is "Fed Up" apparently.
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

wrecker – Member
    We’ll get rid of him eventually. Bank on it. I shall celebrate when we do.
    POSTED 3 HOURS AGO #

The terrorist or Call me Dave?

jonnycritchley
    Free Member

If he can only cycle, perhaps he’ll turn up on here debating the age old 26/29er and geared or single speed options? And if he does manage to gain employment, where he’d spend his CTW scheme voucher. Whether Gore do a weatherproof Thobe that’s hi-vis, and the pros of converting to SPD sandals. All tongue in cheek, some of my best friends are suspected terrorists!

crankboy
    Free Member

I’m quite proud that our judges are prepared to take a stand against torture and quite ashamed that so many in this country think the rule of law and the prohibition on torture should own benefit those they approve of .

kimbers

crankboy – Member
    I’m quite proud that our judges are prepared to take a stand against torture and quite ashamed that so many in this country think the rule of law and the prohibition on torture should own benefit those they approve of .

+1

youd think after blair, straw, d milliband & co and their shameful record with renditions etc that this government might take a more principled approach

jon1973
    Free Member

youd think after blair, straw, d milliband & co and their shameful record with renditions etc that this government might take a more principled approach

Which I guess they are doing given the fact that Qatada is still in the country.

wrecker
    Free Member

Interestingly (or not) the human rights watch chap was hopeful that the fact that Jordan want him so badly, and the publicity of this case could apply pressure to Jordan to denounce torture (which is a good thing obviously). Before this is scoffed at, he also said that it had worked in other countries in recent times. It won’t have a bearing on this case but could at least have a positive effect.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

then he’ll have no cause to spout his bile about

That is so far beyond naive and stupid, you couldn’t see it with Hubble…

I think we should keep him here for the rest of his natural. We would know where he is, monitor his communications and neuter his terrorist activities completely, then there’d be no need to worry about torture-based evidence.

The only thing that was missing on his return to the house where he’s living was someone to step forward and stick a custard pie in his smirking face. Imagine THAT image going viral.

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

I respect the judical ruling, however much it grates, for upholding the liberal principles we are fortunate to have in this country.

It would seem to me that the terms of his bail are sufficent to nulify his ability to be a threat. We should ask Jordan for a financial contribution towards his retention in this country and simply forget the whole affair until there is enough legitimate evidence to put him on trial.

Afternote: I am quite surprised that the terms of his bail have been sanctioned despite an apparent lack of legitimate evidence required to deport him for trial or to place him on trial here. Any innocent man should rightly be indignant with the curtailing of his liberties under these conditions. Perhaps this will be the next legal challenge used to rub our noses in this wholly unsavoury affair.

wrecker
    Free Member

I think we should keep him here for the rest of his natural. We would know where he is, monitor his communications and neuter his terrorist activities completely,

I think he’s cost us enough. Someone else can take a turn funding him.
    I don’t know this newspaper, so can make no comment on it’s political standpoint but even if it half true, he can foxtrot right oscar.
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/terror-kingpin-abu-qatadas-freedom-1433193

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/nov/13/abu-qatada-english-court

£100K per week in surveillance on top of the £3M in legal aid on top of his benefits? No wonder he’s smiling.

Coyote
    Free Member

Much as I find his outpourings vile, weasley and offensive, especially considering that we are all contributing to his benefits bill, we have the concept of free speech in this country. If he is suspected of incitement, charge him. If he is suspected of hate crime, charge him. If he is suspected of doing *anything* illegal, charge him. If not, let him go. Detaining him only reinforces his stance in the mind of his deluded followers. We have had years to put a case together FFS! Alternatively, let him go, put him under surveillance and as soon as he commits an offense, nick him!

joao3v16
    Free Member

Banned from travelling on the Tube, or by train, car, motorbike or bus

Excellent rule!

So he can only travel by van, lorry, coach, quad bike, aeroplane or ferry …

MrWoppit
    Free Member

😆 😆 😆

glupton1976
    Free Member

You forgot helicopters and jet packs.

druidh
    Free Member

and bikes!

joao3v16
    Free Member

we have the concept of free speech in this country

Provided you toe the line of popular opinion and don’t write anything contentious on FaceAche.

How many people have been arrested/investigated for stupid comments they’ve put on an internet page?

Free speech? pfffft.

😀

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Didn’t we use to condemn Aparthied South Africa for detention without cause and Banning Orders?

jota180
    Free Member

ohnohesback
    Free Member

A Banning Order, and he has yet to be convicted of any crime. Welcome to Airstrip One…

binners

Anyone else think there’s a bit of a similarity…..

between Dave looking fed up there, and….

If he did the Movember thing, we’d be there 😆

Sandwich

I ‘ave a waffer theen meent for Dave.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Call me Dave is "Fed Up" apparently.’ is closed to new replies.