Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Calibre Bossnut rear mech hanger…anyone know where to find one?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

Hello all.
    One of our group could do with a spare rear mech hanger for the aforementioned bike, but I’ve tried to Google it and have come up with nothing.
    Can anyone help?

flashpaul
    Free Member

Mine had a spare one that came with the bike
    Tell him to check its not in with the docs

wiggles
    Free Member

Go outdoors?

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

Is it not a direct mount to the frame ?

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

The extra part they give you is what is removed from a standard mech to allow it to fit to a direct mount frame I think.

otsdr
    Free Member

It is “direct mount” in Shimano parlance, the hanger itself looks removable:

nairnster
    Free Member

Having googled the bossnut just now, it seems to me there are two different versions of rear mech hanger for sone reason

nairnster
    Free Member

mattyfez

Go out doors would be the obvious first port of call, failing that there’s a few uk companies that do extensive ranges of hangars, and will machine you a custom one if you send them yours to use as a template.. BETD is one but there’s couple of others

choppersquad
    Free Member

I’ll have to have a better look at it then to see what’s what?
    Never really come across a bike without a hanger before.

nairnster
    Free Member

It definitely has a hanger , in both of those pictures

choppersquad
    Free Member

I’ll have to have a better look at it then to see what’s what?
    Never really come across a bike without a hanger before.

omsking
    Free Member

I have a Calibre Bossnut and i wanted a spare mech hanger for when im out riding just incase. I searched and everywhere for one and emailed a few companies but they hadnt seen one like that before. I emailed GoOutdoors asking where i could get a spare mech hanger from and they ended up sending me one in the post for free. So i suggest contacting them and asking for one. They were pretty helpful. Mine is the same as the black meck hanger. The silver one in the last pic is not a standard item so maybe its a modded one?

Northwind

It’s pretty likely the same part appears on other frames- the hanger for the Dune is identical to one of the Scott’s frinstance as they’re closely related frames from the same factory.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Cheers guys.
    Will try emailing them and see what they say?

nairnster
    Free Member

Pretty sure the silver one is standard too, as that’s s picture of a bike test bike.

omsking
    Free Member

Here you go guys. This is what the mech hanger looks like. Maybe someone else can match it up to something already out there. I couldn’t find anything that match tho.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/hangers/brands
    http://wheelsmfg.com/derailleur-hangers.html
    2 of the best independent sources, as Northwind says there are a lot of generic ones out there.

Having googled the bossnut just now, it seems to me there are two different versions of rear mech hanger for sone reason

Some bikes did a SRAM and a Shimano variant as the mechs were mounting differently/more direct.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Calibre Bossnut rear mech hanger…anyone know where to find one?’ is closed to new replies.