Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cable TV in 2 rooms?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

My Mum has Virgin Media (V+) TV in her lounge and wants to be able to watch it on her kitchen TV too, she doesn’t want to pay for multi-room and is happy to watch whatever’s on the lounge TV (it’s only her in the house anyway)! Where she lives the terrestrial/Digital signal is shit!

I seem to remember seeing something a while ago that sits between the Virgin box and the TV and sends a signal to another TV, was it a dream or does it actually exist (if so what’s it called)?

Any advice greatly received, thanks.

clubber
    Free Member

It exists – ‘Video sender’ I think is the term. I have one (on my virgin) but it’s never worked very well. It does seem to depend a lot on what your house is made of and how far apart the TVs are though as I know people for whom it seems to work fairly well.

Mine’s from Argos but there are some here:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/c/home-electricals/home-entertainment/video-senders

JEngledow
    Free Member

That’s the bugger, cheers.

It does seem to depend a lot on what your house is made of and how far apart the TVs are

I can’t see there being too much of a problem as it’ll be going from one room to the next (with just double internal doors between).

johndoh
    Free Member

Virgin does multi-room at no extra cost doesn’t it? We had a recent installation and they wired up a second box in our bedroom and it is part of the package. Do they do the same for existing customers?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cable TV in 2 rooms?’ is closed to new replies.