Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cable covers to stop/minimise damage from cable to frame rub.
  • Yet1man

Anyone know where I can get some of these ? I plan to copter tape the frame but in crucial area’s would like to use these too.

The only ones I can find are these ones, but I’m after black.

http://www.fibrax.com/Cables-&-Spares-Gear-Other-Parts/c3_28_39/p854/Fibrax-Frame-Protectors-for-4mm-Gear-Outer-Casing-x-4/product_info.html

Cheers

Michael

wwaswas

a bit of rubbery heatshrink tubing in the right places?

stevenk4563
    Free Member
    SD-253
    Free Member

Do you really need them? Bikes are made to ride not to look at. Live with it. Maybe I am biased as I use all my bikes as a means of transport you appear to be more interested in it asthetics??

oxym0r0n

Bikes are made to ride not to look at

What evidence have you got for this wild and unsupported statement? 😯

Coleman
    Free Member

I use Park patches as frame protectors – cheap and last ages.
    Even soft rubber cable covers will mark the frame when dirty.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Something like this?

Protectors

tops5
    Free Member

yeti make branded ones!

mansonsoul
    Free Member

brandeberryj:

I’m not one for massive maintenance, polishing and all that, I ride my bikes as transport every day.

But….

I recently bought a second hand Cannondale Prophet, and there is a pretty deep gouge in the aluminium tube from a cable rubbing. The frame was dirt cheap, so I don’t mind, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it snaps there at some point. Metal, especially aluminium, is remarkably soft and a bit of protection might stop a tube wearing away and snapping. Saying that, I would recommend a patch on the tube, not a cover on the cable, as the rubbing motion will then be on the patch, not the tube.

singlespeedstu

Decathlon frame protectors work well.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/frame-protectors-35410683/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cable covers to stop/minimise damage from cable to frame rub.’ is closed to new replies.