• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cabin bag/ Hand luggage recomendations
  • magowen100
    Free Member

One for the frequent flyers – I need a take on bag for hand luggage. It’ll be for work so must be less than the 55x40x23cm hand luggage limit but carry everything I need for an overnight trip. Budget is up to £50.
    Any recommendations?
    Cheers
    EDIT: I’d like it to be a hard case if possible.

iDave
    Free Member

go to TKMAX

Jerome
    Free Member

Wheelie bag from Kathmandu outdoor shop..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Pyro

Not a hard case, but I use a little Jansport holdall. Was about £20 on Amazon and is cracking.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Gruffalo Trunki seems to meet your requirements (hard case and within budget). An associate* of mine has one and he thinks it’s the best thing since sliced bread for air travel.

*child

magowen100
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies – No Takky Max near by, so tis over the tinterweb only. As for the Trunki it would be great but not quite the corporate slave image I was looking for…

wallop

If you are anywhere near Gloucester, there is an Antler outlet store in Gloucester Quays.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wheelie bag from Kathmandu outdoor shop..

I bought one of these a few years ago from their shop in Brizzle. Was just wandering around and saw one reduced from stupid money to around £20 because it had a rip in the fabric around the wheel somewhere. It’s been absolutely stonkingly good value for money and really does get used a lot. It’s a bit big for the commuter turboprops but fine on everything else.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Look at Lowepro.

magowen100
    Free Member

I’m in deepest darkest Wales – about as far as you can go without falling off so Glos is a bit far. Will check out the other suggestions.
    Cheers

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Large, plain black Timbuk2 courier bag. Hard cases are a pain as carry on, as FrequentFlyerDarcy mentioned, often don’t fit on some flights.

freeagent
    Free Member

Jansport backpack… cost about £20 from Costco, had it about 4 years, appears to be indestructable as its done dozens of flights (as hold luggage sometimes) and still looks like new

Nick

Decathlon is worth a look, got my wife one from there for about 25 quid.

edit this one

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/essentiel-35-litres-id_8168306.html

Managed to get 9 days worth of stuff in it

Looked at loads of cheap ones in TKMaxx but they were crap, more expensive and often didn’t meet the carry on size even though the label said they did

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cabin bag/ Hand luggage recomendations’ is closed to new replies.