Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Caberston trails the best of times the worst….
  • fergal
    Free Member

I have mixed feelings about this place, anyone care to recommend a good trail combination, top to bottom, my personal fave used to be 3g, not so sure now it has been gang banged, defo felt harder and blown out last time, Lone wolf i didn’t really rate, repeat offender seemed fairly mellow in comparison to the others(steep at the bottom though), boner was good, but no thanks in the wet, any others, thinking NY NY any good?

PS. i haven’t done Jawbone yet, maybe this week.

mtbel
    Free Member

that’s a pretty weird description of what you like/dislike to make a guess of what you’ll enjoy from.. just go faster if you find a trail too mellow. and ride in the wet more so you’re not scared of it.
    but how about – up to the top down Jawbone then lower JB climb/push up to FTpony then down pony..

goodgrief
    Free Member

The whole area is feeling pretty worn out now.
    NY is quite tight in places but can be decent if you take your time, it doesn’t get the traffic the others do.
    Try Thornielee?

fergal
    Free Member

Thats a really good call, i know where feed the pony is and was planning on giving it ago some time, is it really worth the push then?

mtbel
    Free Member

it’s ace! mellow but neverending turns.. (actually pretty tiring on a hardtail) you’ll love it, haven’t ever ridden it with anyone who hasn’t.

br
    Free Member

push up to FTpony then down pony..

What about the one (no idea of its name) that starts to the left of FtP push-up?

mtbel
    Free Member

Aye, that’s obvs an option too.
    Also after you reach Walkerburn you can head over to Traquair and up the fire road and end with the DH track of your choice before heading back to the car. (or are you proper local?)

nodrog2
    Free Member

Jawbone and Walk or Burn are a very good combo. Quite enjoyed the new trail that goes off just before 3G. No Social is without doubt the best trail there though, probably the steepest as well. Well worth the 20min push to get to it. If you liked Boner then try Aussie rules as well.

And yes, Thornielee is very good.

bigjim

actually pretty tiring on a hardtail

nope. that would be down to weak riders

bigjim

fergal – just keep exploring, I quite like new york and it doesn’t get ridden much. the other one that starts by feeding the pony is awesome but a different kettle of fish, much steeper.

mtbel
    Free Member

Ha ha… Well done Jim 😆

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Are we doing the 2 ft bunny hop challenge this week?

mtbel
    Free Member

hope so..

got cleats?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Caberston trails the best of times the worst….’ is closed to new replies.