Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • C4 seat belt stalk replacement?
  • stupot
    Free Member

Seem to have an intermittent fault with the sensor in the stalk,clip. Looks a fairly simple job, anybody done one? Is it just unbolt, disconnect cable and replace?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Watch out for the pretensioner. You don’t want that going off with your fingers/face anywhere near it.

I have Berlingo, and the fault is more likely at the next connector from the belt clip. Follow the wire from the belt clip. On the Berlingo it joins a connector under the seat, and when this is dodgy the seat-belt warning light can play up. The other conector in the same place is for the pretensioner and on the Berlingo a faulty connection illuminates the Airbag Warning Light, which is a more common fault IME.

stupot
    Free Member

Yep, I planned to disconnect the battery before messing about with it.
    I will have a look at that connection first see if it looks damaged etc, my berlingo had the exact same problem, moving the seat always set it off.

On the c4 tapping (whacking the stalk in frustration) does stop the buzzer so it does seem to be that.

spooky_b329

There is normally a procedure to follow before touching the pretensioners. You may need to earth the positive battery terminal… Google will help 🙂

geoffj

Yep, I planned to disconnect the battery before messing about with it.
    There is normally a procedure to follow before touching the pretensioners.

If you don’t have specific instructions, leave 30 mins before disconnecting then battery and earthing the +ve terminal before messing with them.

If you can, it might be worth getting the codes read.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘C4 seat belt stalk replacement?’ is closed to new replies.