Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Bye bye daylight!
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Was nice knowing ye! 😆 hello to 4 months of leaving work in the dark! 🙁

sandwicheater

Was just thinking the same thing. Good by old friend. Hurry back.

Moe

The joy of shift work! 😀

lunge

Yep, just looked out of the window and had a very similar thought. Bloody depressing isn’t it?

seosamh77
    Free Member

In the next life I reckon I’d like to come back as a Swallow! 😆

soobalias
    Free Member

whats wrong with the dark?
    get out there, it aint half as bad as it looks from indoors.

#hipflask #thermos #headtorch #fires #doesntraininthepub

phiiiiil

It looked okay from inside; then I went outside and found that it’s raining as well as dark. So no, it’s worse than it looks from inside… 🙁

It’s what I dislike most about the winter months, actually; you can’t tell what the weather is like before you go outside.

toby1

This happened at the weekend – rode home in the pitch dark last night with the exception of the bright moon.

Are you guys just waking up from the weekend?

Drac

You’re a month too late.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I don’t particularly mind the dark, just don’t like leaving work in it. This problem could be solved if we all adopted a 10 to 2 working day at this the of the year! 😀

badnewz
    Free Member

Pub season.

jools182
    Free Member

It’s properly, properly rubbish

I felt like doing nothing after work yesterday

sucks the energy out of me

seosamh77
    Free Member

Toby, its actually still not dark yet, well it is now, wasnt at 5. It’s just a bit cloudier today so more noticeable that dusk is upon us. Next week sometime it’ll be properly dark.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Winter is by far the most beautiful time of year though.

ferrals
    Free Member

badnewz – Member
    Pub season.

POSTED 25 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Turbo season. 🙁

maccruiskeen

Winter is by far the most beautiful time of year though.

If you can see it !

My old boss stated that he relished the nights drawing in, as getting home after dark quelled any notions from his wife and children that they might actually do something together.

They were just as lucky to live with him as I was to work with him 🙂

boxelder

…and we’ve just had our last Bramble crumble of the year….
    🙁

scotroutes

* smug mode *

That’s me finished work until April.

*end smug mode*

Houns

I finished in daylight and still in shorts and a polo shirt

soobalias
    Free Member

im more beautiful in the dark 🙁

imnotverygood

welshfarmer

You want to try working outside all day. It was so dim today in the mist and rain that I was having to use a head torch at midday to work just inside my big shed. Hating this dismal foggy stuff at the moment

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Turbo season.

Sod that. Night riding season, beautiful mild night for it tonight. Crunchy leaves and grippy tracks, park that turbo.

zippykona

Thank you sooooo much Scotland.
    Norway manages to have the same time as Spain.
    What really is the problem?

imnotverygood

Norway is further east than Spain (& of course us) so the sun naturally rises earlier. If the clocks did not go back Scotland would have sunrise half an hour later in local time than they do in Oslo. At solstice, the sun wouldn’t rise until about 9:45 am in Scotland

tenfoot

Rode home from work in the dark last night. Round the country lanes with my Maxx D, it felt much safer because I knew nothing was coming round the next bend. The roads I ride are very quiet anyway, but in the daylight you have to make allowances.

Will be doing it again Friday. MTB night ride tomorrow. Love riding in the dark.

fasthaggis

Night riding season, beautiful mild night for it tonight. Crunchy leaves and grippy tracks

Too right sir,proper dark.

Adjust and embrace the seasons,don’t fight them.

zippykona

Norway is further east than Spain

Sorry, Norway and Malta manage to have the same time.
    Change the clocks if we must to please a few crofters in the Outer Hebrides but let’s do it at the end of November and put them back in February.
    It would save so much energy for the more populated areas of the country.

imnotverygood

Sorry, Norway and Malta manage to have the same time.

Yes. But the issue is the time at which the sun rises. In Norway they can afford to live with GMT + 1 because they are to the east despite he Northerly latitude . The difficulty for the UK is that it is both North & West this makes Winter sunrise relatively late compared to continental Europe.

Sandwich

This is also the week when I leave the office late when cycling to avoid the local drivers who are adapting to driving in the dark. Tis proper scary some of the driving while they adjust.

doris5000

in another month it’ll be great – when it’s too cold and dark for all but the most committed doggerists, most of the cyclists have sacked it off too because they don’t have any good lights, and the river pathway is mine, all mine, to zip along in the quiet 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

It was so dim today in the mist and rain that I was having to use a head torch at midday to work just inside my big shed

Put some leccy to it then you tight git 😆

Pz_Steve

Funny, I’ve been enjoying not having to use lights on the way in this week. Last week it was lights morning and evening, now it’s just on the way home. I’d be gutted if we stopped using GMT in the winter.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Thank you sooooo much Scotland.

Last I checked Greenwich was in England. If anything it’s the English farmers we need to thank for BST.

Sod that. Turbo riding season, crappy freezing night for it tonight. Soggy leaves and slippy tracks, park that bike.

FTFY

zippykona

There was a vote to keep BST last year.
    It needed unanimous approval by the Scottish.
    They objected.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sod that. Turbo riding season, crappy freezing night for it tonight. Soggy leaves and slippy tracks, park that bike

Man up rodent king! Fairlie Moor on a thursday night, get yer erse out the chair.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Bye bye daylight!’ is closed to new replies.