• This topic has 20 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by will.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Recommend: 120mm 29er Forks
  • will
    Free Member

My SIDs are pretty much dead, and whilst 100mm is fine, i’d like the ability to run 120mm for some slightly rougher stuff such as Wales/Peaks etc… and then swap down to 100mm for racing. 20mm thru axel too please.

Any advise? I’m abit out the game in terms of new sus tech… Where did U-Turn go, that was great!

z1ppy

U-turn was replaced by dual position, and I’d agree U-turn was great, as I thought the dual position options too far apart. I always found that you only need to drop the travel by 5-10mm to give you a more XC ride and more than that, you feel your pushing the front wheel into the floor.

Anyways, 20mm axle are few and far between, though you do get some older RS Rev’s still about with it (2nd hand), IIRC they can have there travel changed (internally) and aren’t overly heavy. Otherwise I think your looking at mainly 15mm axled options, any option to change your front wheel to 15mm? Allowing you to choose from the like of the Reba or X-fusion Slide

chrismac

Pikes. Order them from Germany for a considerable saving

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    z1ppy

nahh, I’ve got some 120mm pikes and thought about fitting them to my 120mm HT but decided against it due to the extra A-C height lifting the front end up too much (went on my FS and got upped to 130mm).. and the idea of going from light weight SID’s to Pikes, doesn’t seem the best choice for some-one talking about racing.

mafiafish
    Free Member

I’ve got some 140mm revs and recently serviced 120mm rebas both with 20mm axles if they’re up your street? No external travel adjust though – you’d have to change the spacers.

will
    Free Member

Zippy – Thanks, I see that 15mm seem to be the norm now, not 20mm. My current wheels (Pro II) can be converted to 20mm, so maybe 15mm too?

Chris – As Zippy says probably too heavy and not light enough.

Mafia – Interested in the Rebas. Drop me an email (profile)

drovercycles
    Free Member

Pikes. Order them from Germany for a considerable saving

Or, talk to your friendly local Rockshox dealer who will be able to price-match that Germany quote for you and provide all the added value they bring to the party…

letmetalktomark

Thinly veiled FS type post

I have some NIB 120mm 15mm RCTS SIDs that I need to sell. Bought for a project that never took off

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bnib-rockshox-sid-rct3-120-29-15mm-230

Drop me a mail if interested 😉

Thinly veiled FS type post

andyg1966

120mm Pikes for me. Not that heavy either. Same weight as the OEM Fox 32’s that came off!

vondally
    Free Member

DT swiss from polish eBay shop, I am imprresed so far had fox fit before

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

What Vondally said or go balls out and go for Bos Dizzy forks 😉

Mini version of the Deville.

z1ppy

ahh a Hope front wheel, no problem…15mm adapter kit

will
    Free Member
    z1ppy

look just the job, if a tad green, no **** me there actually very green

letmetalktomark

I could paint mine green and they would still be cheaper …. and SIDS ….. and RCT3 😛

will
    Free Member

Too Green? Bike is black and blue.

They’re £198 though…

windydave13
    Free Member

For the record they are even more green in real life (If thats possible).

I got the ones from bikediscount for my Kielder101 build. More than impressed with them so far. Did the 4 passes route from Buttermere at the weekend and they were more than capaable and very little noticable flex

[url=https://flic.kr/p/xti39F]20150815_145210[/url] by Dave Aspinall, on Flickr

letmetalktomark

£202 with delivery ….. and they are green 😉 Black and blue bike with black SIDS hmmmm 😆

I must concede that my Rebas in the same spec as the link above are a very capable fork.

thepodge
    Free Member

I have some Rebas if they are any use to you

Rock Shox Reba RTL 29”
    Taper Steerer
    180mm Steerer Length
    15mm Maxle Included
    Set at 120mm
    Excellent condition
    £155 Posted

Might be able to do mates rates

leegee

Manitou Marvel Pro is great.

will
    Free Member

Podge. I’ll drop you a message! I think the steerer may be 5mm-10mm too short, but let me double check.

WindyDave – They really are green!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Recommend: 120mm 29er Forks’ is closed to new replies.