Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Buying my Dad a Focus Paralane Alu – any owner reviews?
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Hi,

Any riders on here have one? What do you think of it so far?

I was thinking (rare I know) of a Paralane 105 Aluminium for my old man to explore road/country roads and canal paths on.

He crashes a lot, so carbon is out of the question.

Lots of carbon reviews but have not seen any aluminium reviews or how comfy they are.

Cheers,

James.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

I haven’t got one but a chap at work bought one last autumn (after an accident wrote off his “nice” bike) and got this as stop gap commuter/wet weather bike whilst waiting for the insurance to come through.

He’s a proper bike snob (colnago c59 as his nice bike with super record before he was wiped out) and he’s been pretty pleased with the paralane!

He rides it to work daily and does another 50-100 miler every weekend in it at the mo, and his only complaint was the mudguards. Rear one “slapped” the rear tyre over every bump, but he’s put a kink in the stay like the specialized plug and play ones (I’ve got those on my diverge) to stiffen it a bit and no complaints since.

105 hydro hoods are a bit fugly and big, and have a bit of a lump when the hose enters the body under the hood, but he said he doesn’t notice them when riding (nor do I on my diverge)

Have you considered a diverge? I love mine. Not sure how they compare price wise tho!

Hope that helps!

A

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Cheers Andy.

I would consider other models but this ticks the boxes of road/dirt road/gravel/canal path and the price.

Just didn’t know if the Alu’s are comfortable compared to the carbon versions.

fatmax

I’m interested in one too.
    There was a review on BikeRadar last week of the exact model your thinking of. 4* review but a few minor gripes.
    My alternative is a Canyon Inflite.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Cheers,

The wheels supplied are heavy and the brakes are average.

More than enough for a 68 year old to plod around city and dirt roads.

Just another week but feels like eternity for delivery lol.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Cancelled as Focus were a bit poo on delivery times, failed to call back the poor LBS, lousy tracking service and have no idea where the bike is.

Gutted but bought another brand.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Buying my Dad a Focus Paralane Alu – any owner reviews?’ is closed to new replies.