Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Buying Bike From Germany any hidden taxes?
  • Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

Hi
    Think this is a silly question.
    As Germany is in EU and as long as I am paying German VAT, I shouldnt be liable for any charges onthe UK side should I?
    Confirmation would be great though!
    Thanks
    Matt

wwaswas

yes, no import duties or vat.

MSP

VAT should be charged at the rate of the purchasers country, not sure how they work it out, small businesses charge at the rate they are in, but the likes of CRC adjust for the rates of the country of purchase.

But nothing hidden, its the shop that sorts that out, the price you pay at the checkout is the total amount.

granny_ring

And change the brake levers over when you get it 🙂

nixie

VAT should be charged at the rate of the purchasers country, not sure how they work it out, small businesses charge at the rate they are in, but the likes of CRC adjust for the rates of the country of purchase.

VAT should be charge at the rate the selling company is in, until they sell goods to value of a threshold defined by the government of the country the buyer is in. Once that threshold is reached then the company needs to VAT register in the country and charge VAT at the correct rate for that country. They also then pay VAT collected to that countries government.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Buying Bike From Germany any hidden taxes?’ is closed to new replies.