Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • F1 on Sky
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

May not be as bad as I first thought, my reading of this is that I only need the HD package (which I already have), there was no way I was going to pay for Sky Sports just to watch F1.

unsponsored
    Free Member

That’s good news. F1 is the ‘sport’ I watch. Its been a great season this year.

Kryton57

I have the full sky sport package, but not HD, and no HD ready TV (CRT still :D)

Will I be able to see it or is it gonna cost me an 42″ LED?

I_Ache
    Free Member

If you are a sky sports customer or a sky HD customer you get sky f1 included. I wonder if they will bring out a sky f1 for £5.

legend
    Free Member

Gonna have to disagree on this one, F1 on Sky still sucks ass

Legend – Council Telly 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

one word, Adverts. remember how they ruined F1 when ITV had the rights to show it?

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Sky say their coverage will be Ad free, so totally uninterrupted F1 coverage. I already have a sky package with HD but not sports channels, so for now i’ll be ok and not have to pay any extra, but agree it should have stayed on mainstream TV for those who dont have / can’t afford Sky. Saying that, those who watch football ( I don’t!) say that Sky football coverage has improved, so hopefully F1 will do likewise.

gab344
    Free Member

zokes
    Free Member

one word, Adverts. remember how they ruined F1 when ITV had the rights to show it?

We have it worse here. We get the BBC feed, with adverts thrown in every 10 minutes or so. Very irritating…

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

I love to watch F1, but i won’t be getting sky and i may even not watch on the bbc out of protest (not that they will care, but i’ll feel righteous in cutting my nose of to spite my face) I could afford sky, but i’d only be getting it for the F1, so it’s a no from me. Oh, and brundle sold out imo 😉

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

what’s the situation with virgin? I’m wanting TiVo

thepurist

Sky haven’t confirmed availability on anything other than their own service yet. That’s no surprise though as it’ll be a big lure for them to drag a few more suckers subscribers in so they won’t release it to other platforms until they’ve creamed off as much of the market as they can.

There was rumour of a £10/month top up option for freeview as well, but that’s not been announced either.

Re adverts – they’ve confirmed the race will be ad free for 2012. Nothing beyond that AFAIK so expect their smart suited OTT americanized pre and post shows to be rammed full of ads, with loads of rubbish ‘analysis’ which mainly consists of fancy animations and people drawing lines on the screen, plus the odd bit of Marty B thrown in here and there.

I’ve been an F1 fan since the 80s (a proper race going, watching at 4am when Mansell’s tyre exploded type of fan) but I will not be signing up to Sky to watch.

jota180
    Free Member

I remember last time Sky had it – it was awful to watch

retro83
    Free Member

Cheapest way for non-subscribers looks to be about £360. 😆 no chance pal.

aP
    Free Member

I haven’t given any money to Murdoch for twenty years and I’m not going to start now.

jota180
    Free Member

Cheapest way for non-subscribers looks to be about £360. no chance pal.

You mean the cheapest legal way

Drac

Cool! So I get another HD channel.

I haven’t given any money to Murdoch for twenty years and I’m not going to start now.

Oh I bet you have.

winrya
    Free Member

If you call to cancel sky you can get the hd subscription for free. I rang up yesterday saying i wanted to cancel the package as I wasn’t prepared to pay £10 for the hd subscription just to watch the F1. Woman asked if she could look for some deals to keep me.

5 mins later she said I don’t have any deals on hd subscription but can do phone line rental for free for 12 months. £12.50 a month saving. So she added the HD subscription and my monthly cost went down a couple of pound. I’ve had the phone line for 10 months so not a new customer. If you’re in the same boat, give it a try!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

It is a shame the BBC are losing F1. Money talks though…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘F1 on Sky’ is closed to new replies.