Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Buying a used car from a main dealer that breaks.
  • TiRed

Under the Honda Used Car Conditions, you can reject the car for faults. There is a 28-day limitation, which I assume expired whilst in for repair. I’d reject the car.

spooky_b329

OP, how many days have you had the car available? i.e 14 days and since then its been in the garage, might give you another angle.

hora
    Free Member

TiRed if I was a cynical oldman I’d say some garages stall over a approved dealer handback days window so its no longer an option..

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Hi all again.

Why the anger Peaky, Have we disagreed on a previous thread ? Or some pathetic Class War type of chip on your shoulder. I normall work 6 days a week and the cheap childcare option starts in September(School) so no longer will most of the wifes part time job be used for childcare. We traded last car and have the rest on finance for 3 years.

We had the car for 22 days before it failed. My wife has had glandular fever and didn’t drive much when we picked it up hence the low mileage over three weeks. I have a work van so don’t really drive the family car.

I could have used a Citizens advice or similar forum than asking here but I like the personal experience posts by this this forums users. I started a thread on here about ITP and the posts were more helpful than all the bits I had found on medical forums.

Marko

If the loom is being replaced and it is done correctly then (apart from the length of time the vehicle has been off the road) I can’t see the problem here.

I’ve replaced loads of looms over the years and never had any issues

PM me the Vin and I can check and see if this is a known fault.

Hth
    Marko

ninfan
    Free Member

I would say that if you had it for 21 days, and the mileage you did in that, then it having back in the garage for five weeks then it’s more than reasonable for you to reject it. Don’t mess about, don’t wait any longer – get the rejection letter and courtesy car in now, they can always bargain you to keep it afterwards, but at least this way you’re protected.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Marko – Member
    If the loom is being replaced and it is done correctly then (apart from the length of time the vehicle has been off the road) I can’t see the problem here.

I’ve replaced loads of looms over the years and never had any issues

PM me the Vin and I can check and see if this is a known fault.

Hth
    Marko

Thank you Marko, great forum user 😀

finbar
    Free Member

OP, maybe you should abandon the car and bury the numberplates?

squirrelking
    Free Member

^ don’t forget the VIN plates and engine stamp. Plus any other readily identifiable odds and sods.

hora
    Free Member

OP you dont have to justify anything to the keyboad warrior.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP you dont have to justify anything to the keyboad warrior.

this

OP hopefully it gets resolved to your satisfaction.

nealglover
    Free Member

Oh I look stupid? Oh right, thanks for pointing that out. Might just be me but using stupid 3 times in a sentence doesn’t sound right. Maybe mix it up a bit, throw in a “moronic” or a “thick” to really hammer the point home.

It’s called “epistrophe” and it’s quite a common literary technique, repeating the same word at the end of each phrase or sentence.

Ironically, it’s mainly used to hammer a point home very clearly.

You would maybe know that if you weren’t so…. erm…. well you know 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Buying a used car from a main dealer that breaks.’ is closed to new replies.