Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • buying a small compressor
  • JimSu
    Free Member

can you recommend me a small compressor suitable for using with tubeless set ups to get the tyre on.

I would like something as compact and inexpensive as will be able to do a good job.

thanks

pedalhead
    Free Member

Depends how often you need to inflate a tyre, but a cheaper option might be to use CO2 canisters. You can get them in boxes quite cheap, and mine inflate tyres way quicker than my Lidl compressor does.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Topeak do a ‘Mountain’ track pump which has a large volume and is designed to be able to push enough air into a tubeless tyre to seat it.

I have just bought one but don;t currently have any tyres that aren’t seated to test it on.

Seems to pump a lot of air for each stroke.

otherwise their is this:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ghetto-tubeless-inflator-total-cost-9p

or there was a link somewhere to a more pro version using a garden sprayer, or something.

andybloomer
    Free Member

I begged an old fire extinguisher from the guy that maintains them at our place. Quick bit of fiddling with some tubes and an old pump head and then pressurise it with my usual pump. Put the pump head on the valve, press the fire extinguisher trigger and it goes up in milliseconds. Cost nothing, just ask your local fire station perhaps and see if they’re about to chuck out any rusty fire extinguishers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘buying a small compressor’ is closed to new replies.