Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Buying a Skoda Octavia 4×4 – tips/advice?
  • P20

looking at buying a skoda octavia 4×4 2.0tdi. Any tips/advice on what to look for?

Thanks in advance

DickBarton

Any tips/advice on what to look for?

Answer in your subject title…

hora
    Free Member

Ask a Skoda dealer what the fluid replacement schedule is for the transfer boxes? Apart from that its standard?

doc_blues
    Free Member

depending on age (and mileage) the obvious cambelt change – think skoda recommend 4 years now regardless of mileage (was 60k) (or at least thats what I was told when I bought my octy back in january – had it done as a matter of course anyway – decent indy did it for about £350 i seem to remember)

and from experience of owning an octy tdi for the last 6 months
    1) rear window washer – hose pops off (especially when the lines are frozen)
    2) some issues with my dual climatronic (sometimes wont blow cold on a hot day – quite random and intermittant and very annoying)
    3) seems to eat headlight bulbs (always passenger side that goes – on my 3rd in 6 months and they are a pian to change)
    4) had a fuel regulator (or something go) – basically caused the car to over fuel and the emmissons warnings to flash up – cost about £45 quid to replace (£30 of that was labour)
    5) cruise control issues (depending I think on age of the car – there was a batch of dodgy stalks)
    6) take a good look at the rear tyres and there wear – something to do with being able to set up the camber of the tryes – lots of info on Briskoda site (mine had no problem, but it was something I looked at when I had som handling issues (which I now put down to running it with 4 mistmatched tyres from when I bought it – running it on 4 matching tyres now and it sticks like glue)

its worth checking out the Briskoda forums – lots of usefull advice
    might be worth considering buying a HEX/CAN Bus cable and reader to at least diagnose any faults (thats something I have yet to do, but at 40-60 quid a pop just to read the computer in a garage it can also pay for itself in no time I guess)

overall I love mine – really nice to drive (smooth and progressive is how I would describe it, but I guess that dephends on what you are swapping from) and capricious boot means I can fill it with assorted cack – enjoy!

monkeychild
    Free Member

http://www.briskoda.net/forums is your friend for all questions 🙂

P20

cheers guys. I'll have a look at that forum.

Andy_K

4×4 Octavias are quite rare aren't they? Don't think i've ever seen one on the road.

I'd like one in estate please 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Avoid ex-police ones

DickBarton

I get 25 on Autotrader.

Swayndo
    Free Member

My wife has one … awfy nice it is too.

el_boufador

Octy II petrol VRS here
    Can't comment on the particular 4×4 model or engine, but echoing doc_blues I have found both a VAG-COM lead and a login to briskoda to be invaluable. Saved me lots of cash.

Great cars! love mine.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Don't buy it, simple.

P20

yeah, there's not many about. Nearest one to me in my price is about 120miles, but not bothered if its the right car.

JulianA
    Free Member

Love to try one of these as well – original Octavia! No 4×4 option in this one though. I do think the new ones are prettier.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Get it remapped and it will totally unleash and transform it 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Buying a Skoda Octavia 4×4 – tips/advice?’ is closed to new replies.