Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Busted!
  • john_l
    Free Member

I have my money. she has her money. Partnership of equals.

Doesn’t sound much like a partnership to me…..

SaxonRider

saxon – simply answering dezb.

I know. I’m just goofing around. I better stop, because I’m not funny.

tjagain

Funnier than me dude!

drlex
    Free Member

[…]her framebuilder has posted a picture of her new frame on instagram without even sending a picture to her.

That’s just plain rude.

boblo
    Free Member

Fark me… Busted? Goofing? Dude?

Middle aged Brits confused with Californian surfing yoofs shocker 😀

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

anyone who knows us will confirm its a real partnership of equals. 37 years now

But I bet at some point in those 37 years she’s bought a pair of shoes she hasn’t told you about 😆

angeldust
    Free Member

37 years. What on earth did she do in a previous life?

jamj1974

TJ +1. Plus, partnerships come in different forms – the key thing is equality, transparency/honesty, consideration and respect. The practical details of how that works are less important.

belugabob
    Free Member

I’m waiting for Mrs Dubs to discover the new Exposure Toro on my MTB.

Hoping it will be a while…

If you don’t put it in flashing mode, you might get away with it 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I just say I’m going to buy stuff. She just goes ‘mm hmm’ without asking how I’m paying for it. Likewise I don’t question the endless stream of parcels arriving.

We both live equally in denial about our finances.

russyh
    Free Member

So I now feels a little hen pecked by some of you guys responses. My wife and I only have a joint account, she is generally OK with smaller purchases. But I would ALWAYS ask permission for big ones now, got caught out hiding stuff from her in the past which really upset her and broke her trust. She is very careful with money and I am a complete bit of a mess with it, so I know she is just doing it for the better of the family. I have recently been awarded some holiday vouchers at work which will save us a significant amount of savings so I’m going to broach the subject of new wheels again. Usually wouldn’t be a problem had she not just authorised the purchase of a Santa Cruz Hightower frame. Taking her away this weekend to a swanky hotel so will deploy litres of prosecco to ‘relax’ the situation

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Busted!’ is closed to new replies.