Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • burst sausage wetsuit
  • zarquon
    Free Member

Holiday this year will include lots of aquatic activities necessitating the need for this item of clothing. Seeing as I’ve let myself go a bit, any advice on how I can avoid looking like some charred, burst banger – other than not getting in the water in the first place or freezing my nads off?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Two options that I can see here;

1 – Lose weight
    2 – Get a wetsuit which fits

Hope that helps! 😉

sharki
    Free Member

Do not spend too much time in the shallows, unless you want lots of people smearing Vaseline on you to stop you drying out..

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I’ve seen loads of tourists wearing boardies and a t-shirt over their wetties this summer (**** muppets).

you could just not worry about it and enjoy your hols. It’s likely that no-one is really gonna care, and aquatic activities are loads of fun. Otherwise, start getting plenty of miles in on the bike.

zarquon
    Free Member

too late for the emergency crash diet. At least it wont be as bad as the time I had to wear incredibly skimpy speedos in a swimming pool in France – not a pretty sight 😯

curiousorange
    Free Member

If you decide to buy a new wetsuit. Some beautiful ones can be found here.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Wetsuits are unforgiving. The simple answer is suck it up, fatboy.

I’ve seen loads of tourists wearing boardies and a t-shirt over their wetties this summer (**** muppets).

I often wear boardies and T over my wetsuit when kiting, my harness is built into boardies and my club T is used to identify club members. They make no difference to the wetsuit (other than looks).

curiousorange
    Free Member

And should you get unexpectedly yanked along the sand by the kite, boardies can avoid the need to buy a new wetsuit 😀

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I have quite a bit of a beer gut now, so a large neoprene rash vest is worn to hide the lines (must be oversized or it won’t work)+ board shorts over shorty wetsuit (the fashion of boardshorts over a full length wetsuit looks stupid IMO).

coffeeking
    Free Member

Indeed curious, indeed. I now wear them over my drysuit – by christ thats a combination to swim in when the kite goes down! But the drysuit does hide the fat, even if I look like Captain Scarlet 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, shorts over my wetsuit as well, when sailing. Helps prolong the life of the suit when you’re hiking out all day.

curiousorange
    Free Member

Swimming with a kite, CK? That’s what body dragging is for 😛
    I have thought about a drysuit, but also saw a heated wetsuit a while ago, but it’s $1000. I’m not sure I can justify that kind of expenditure.

fbk
    Free Member

I thought this was a thread on failed contraception.

Maybe I need more sleep!!

coffeeking
    Free Member

CO – Body dragging only works when you have all (or most) the lines functional – I’ve snapped lines twice now, once off the Sefton coast with an 8 knot outgoing tide and a cross-shore wind and once about 600 yards off the coast of cyprus with 4-5knot cross-shore currents – neither were fun! With the one off the sefton coast I got back to shore and nearly whited out I was that knackered! I think a heated wetsuit is a bit far, I’m happy with the drysuit being able to wear a normal pair of jeans/trackies and Tshirt underneath and just peel it off and get in the car nice and dry!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

fbk No, it’s about wearing black rubber for special interests 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

B.A.Na, you filthy, depraved perv. Your board is on the wrong way round!
    😉

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Neoprene is inherently stretchy so as CK said – suck it in – a wetsuit is one of the least flattering bits of kit if you have some extra “rolls”, unless this is the look you are after?

You could try wearing a men’s corset underneath if you are really worried.

Oh and don’t holiday in Iceland or Japan!

curiousorange
    Free Member

heh, CK. That’s why I tend to go out when the tide is out and never in off-shore winds 😀

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Flasheart, am I to understand by your coment that you are a gay on a tray? 🙂

zarquon
    Free Member

hmm, I wore shorts over my wetsuit when sailing to prevent the inevitable snags, perhaps I just need some Simon Cowell shorts that end just below the nipple line..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

coughcoughprickonastickcoughcough

😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

CO – neither were offshore winds 😀

Best option is to be a dopeonarope (or 4 ropes) 😆

willard

I have to point out that a dude should never wear a wetsuit without board shorts on. I have photos of my mate without shorts over his wetsuit when we went wakeskating on a lagoon. He looked like a short, fat fetishist.

I was wearing shorts and so only looked bloody stupid.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘burst sausage wetsuit’ is closed to new replies.