Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 126 total)
  • Burning Poppies
  • grantway
    Free Member

How the hell was they even allowed to do this?
    What I cant understand is they was even with
    the Police and was not stopped. was any arrested ?

I bet most if not all are scaming off benifits and yet
    Hate the Country there in!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Who’s they? Who’s burnt poppies?

grantway
    Free Member

Google Burning Poppies It happened in West London
    I heard even the BBC never broadcasted it?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kevevs
    Free Member

grill, baked or fried, they taste crap even when you cook ’em properly. The mistake is to have police supervision rather than a qualified chef, d’oh!

yunki
    Free Member

I imagine that it’s a very confusing tradition if you’re originally from an opium growing region.. very confusing indeed..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So what if they burn poppies ?

Next you’ll be outraged over cartoons depicting the prophet Muhammad.

jam-bo

I heard even the BBC never broadcasted it?

Good, then hopefully whoever it was failed to achieve what they set out too.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Make a change from them growing them then! Just says it all about the fundamentalist scum we have in this country who do it for what…in the name of islam pish!

druidh
    Free Member

Is burning paper flowers an offence in the UK?

intode_void
    Free Member

druidh: I don’t believe it is, but there are aspects of Public Order legislation which could apply…behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace, outraging public decency etc

Edric64
    Free Member

It’s inciting hatred .If we did it to them or burned pictures of their imaginary friend in the sky we would probably be arrested

carbon337
    Free Member

Imagine we burned a prayer matt? Its only a piece of cloth after all.

Also the guy holding a sign saying “soldiers burn in hell” – how is that different to a man saying on twitter that someone should be stoned. This country is a joke.

Flaperon

I have to admit that I find it an absolutely repulsive thing to do, especially on Armistice Day. It’s mind-boggling that these people fail to see that the reason they have the right to do what they did is because countless thousands of Allied soldiers died for that freedom.

Certainly wouldn’t bother me if they were tracked down and given a good kicking, but this is almost exactly the reason the scum such as the BNP continue to proliferate.

johnners
    Free Member

It’s inciting hatred

It seems to be provoking hatred too. Why don’t we just call it even and move on?

JulianA
    Free Member

This is, apparently, a free country and the people we remember on 11th November fought to keep it that way.

I’m not talking about the wars that we are involved in at the moment, about which I am unsure.

Sadly, some people abuse the rights which were fought for to make points which may not be valid. They have the right to do this, but should exercise responsibility in so doing, which may not be seen to be the case here. Sadly.

yunki
    Free Member

it’s not unlikely that these people came here from, or have family living in, a British occupied country.. you know.. a country that we invaded and thereupon proceeded to murder tens of thousands of it’s occupants.. before attempting by force to impose our idea of fair play upon the scared and bewildered survivors..

what might then appear at first glance to be a celebration and show of solidarity for the efforts of our forces in these war ravaged poppy growing areas of the world.. might cause a little bit of frustration and disgust in some of these disposessed and war weary folk..

or.. as is being suggested they might just be a bunch of ungrateful aggy ne’er do wells being spiteful and malicious cos they’re a bit tapped like..

who knows?

jonb
    Free Member

From what I read they sounded quite pathetic and sad in their quotes.

I think it would be better to play the bigger man, let them rant and then just get on with your day. Maybe we should give than an internet forum.

Edric64
    Free Member

it’s not unlikely that these people came here from, or have family living in, a British occupied country.. you know.. a country that we invaded and thereupon proceeded to murder tens of thousands of it’s occupants..

They can’t hate us that much to come here though and flog us curry ,papers or clean our floor though.Or is our benefit system that wonderful?

seahouse
    Free Member

the afghans have been producing them for burning for years

yunki
    Free Member

They can’t hate us that much to come here though and flog us curry ,papers or clean our floor though.Or is our benefit system that wonderful?

😆

Edric64
    Free Member

I think they process them first though

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

a country that we invaded and thereupon proceeded to murder tens of thousands of it’s occupants.. before attempting by force to impose our idea of fair play upon the scared and bewildered survivors..
    I assume by ‘we’ you mean the UK & recently. So go on, name a country that the UK have invaded & murdered tens of thousands of it’s people. Then show the proof.

Northwind

Hah, excellent, the head of the EDL cleverly attacked a policeman in order to show his respect for our fallen dead.

yunki
    Free Member

So go on, name a country that the UK have invaded & murdered tens of thousands of it’s people. Then show the proof.

err… no
    that sort of behaviour is the domain of heroic internet debators and I’m not one of them..

If my numbers are inaccurate then I apologise but I’m sure that the people of Iraq and Afghanistan won’t want to quibble over numbers either..

Shall we call it quits at saying that UK forces have been perceived to be involved in the deaths of more than 379 or more inhabitants of both the countries I mentioned..?

bigyinn
    Free Member

A minority group taking an opposing position for the sake of being controversial? They’ll be riding singlespeeds next….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

See, with comments like that, you just show yourself to be as ignorant and misguided as those you condemn.

Just a bunch of stupid angry tossers desperate for attention for their pathetic ’cause’. Don’t get so worked up over them.

I’m more upset that I forgot to buy some eggs yesterday, as it meant I couldn’t have scrambled eggs for brekkie this morning.

in the name of islam pish!

They’re no more Muslim than I am…

Edric64
    Free Member

Nor really just stirring the shit and being provocative

ton

if you were to go to a mosque and set fire to a copy of the koran…………what would happen?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Totally different, Ton, and if you don’t know the difference, I suggest you go away and have a read up on religion and history and stuff.

Oh, and here:

🙄

ton

fred…i am just asking..not saying it is the same.

yunki
    Free Member

if you were to go to a mosque and set fire to a copy of the koran…………what would happen?

yeah.. that’s a way of looking at it.. 🙄

If there were tens of thousands of muslim troops with vastly superior firepower occupying christian nations by force across the globe then maybe.. just maybe.. a lighter view might be taken of such a polite and restrained protest as a burning of the koran..?

I don’t know.. who does?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Irrelevant question Ton. Please try harder. 🙄

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

If my numbers are inaccurate then I apologise but I’m sure that the people of Iraq and Afghanistan won’t want to quibble over numbers either..
    So now your’e saying that UK soldiers have ‘murdered’ tens of thousands of their people? Or not?
    Well?

yunki
    Free Member

🙄 I’m saying that some people living in those countries may feel that way…

think back to when the Germans wanted to impose their lifestyle on other countries by invading.. how did those countries react?

EDIT: LOL at providing proof of casualties BTW.. which internet source are we gonna use for that..?

Bregante

ton – Member
    POSTED 4 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

smoke alarm would go off

grantway
    Free Member

LOL Never heard of the EDL until this eve

ton

but some people see it as very disrespectful dont they?

Edric64
    Free Member

OK so we will leave the far east and have the will of another bunch of religious nutters imposed on us by bombing (as if cof e ) isn’t bad enough at trying to impose it’s views on everyone

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Quite offensive and will only serve to fuel the hatred of the BNP and/or Daily Mail readers.

In the same way, invading a country under some pretense of promoting democracy, in many cases being rather trigger happy on civilians, treating inmates like animals, torturing, false imprisonment in foreign countries without access to any sort of trial/defense and in breach of the Geneva Convention will only fuel the hatred of people who are wronged under these circumstances and encourage them to fight back at the perpetrators through terrorism.

The first 15 seconds of this sums it up for me…

http://www.dalailama.com/webcasts/post/139-cnns-hala-gorani-interviews-his-holiness

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

See, what I find sad, is that the role played by Muslims during WW2 is being ignored, because people instead chose to focus on sensationalism.

smoke alarm would go off

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘Burning Poppies’ is closed to new replies.