Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bump in works van , do i need to notify my car insurance company ??
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I work for a very large university in the midlands and while moving one of our long flat bed transits , i caught another one of our uni vans damaging the rear lights and panel 😳 !
    Fesssed up straight away as there’s loads on cameras around campus and didn’t want it coming back around and biting my ass later on !.
    spoke to the uni insurance etc today giving details etc, , but question is do i need to tell my insurance company that ive had an accident at work in works transport on works insurance ?? …..

parkesie
    Free Member

Yes if you want them to honour your insurance. No if you dont mind them using it as a get out if you crash your car.

alfabus
    Free Member

you should be able to get away with it, as long as you don’t publish details about it to a public forum with really good search engine optimisation….. oh….. nevermind.

probably better tell them then.

downshep

Yep, the bump now forms part of your driving history on the MIB database (no, not that MIB). Whilst a solitary scrape paid out from the works policy is unlikely to load your private premium, if you do prang your own car and your insurer checks the MIB database only to find you were economical with the truth, they can walk away laughing.

hot_fiat

the bump now forms part of your driving history on the MIB database

Hmm, you’d think so, but from what I know of the MIB database there’s very little matching goes on between people, policies, incidents and vehicles. It’d be interesting to raise a SAR against the MIB to find out exactly what they do know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bump in works van , do i need to notify my car insurance company ??’ is closed to new replies.