Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • built like a small family car which spring…..
  • bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

taking delivery of my new bike on tuesday. allwyas had hardtails and im a bit new to the shock side. it has a fox van rc fitted with a 450lbs spring.. now im 20 stone so what spring do i need. ive heard that foxes own are a bit hit and miss and the lengths are way off… can i fit any spring as long as correct size?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.tftuned.com/spring-calculator
    Different people measure spring lengths differently, there are a number of people making springs in the right spec for Fox.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

ive done the check and it comes out a a 700 or a 633 in cane creek bin looking but no joy in finding one ? all out of stock

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Do you have the stroke length? I’d give TF/Mojo etc. a call in the morning, they probably don’t sell many at that size but would be the easiest way to probably get you one – or tell you nobody makes one anymore.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

its 2.5″ to 2.75″ 222.25 e2e a fox van rc and a big hit dh frame. ive thought ahead and contacted a custom spring maker near me sent pics and asked if they can make a 750 lbs or even a 800lbs like nukeproof used to make

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

scoured usa forums and some guys even heavier than me have like 900lbs springs in use. i have put weight on recently as been back at gym but hopefully riding again will shed some mass lol

mikewsmith
    Free Member

tf/mojo/loco should be able to give you a quick answer as this is all they do and can probably source something quickly. TF had a 2.5×600 Cane Creek spring.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Im going to ring them today and see what they advise as i dont want it bottoming out like a stiffer ride anyway as im used to hardtails. Are there any coil shocks with lockout?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

big hit dh frame

Are there any coil shocks with lockout?

Just checking why you want a lock out on a big hit?
    The Van RC will be tuneable for a lot of things, best speaking to the suspension guys anyway as they will be able to advice on lots of options.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

It was a option as i remember a pal of mime had a rear sprung shock with a lever to lock out would be nice for local jumps thats all. Spoke to fox mojo and the 700 biggest they do and “may” be suitable for me told them witch shock i had and theres not much adjustment aparently?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘built like a small family car which spring…..’ is closed to new replies.