Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Buffed or Bloated this Xmas?
  • soobalias
    Free Member

The christmas party season is in full flow, plates of nibbles containing enough energy to run a power station doing the rounds, general increase in alcohol consumption etc.

Do you just go with it, or are you gonna stick to chick peas and a small glass of red wine? Is this the iDiet annual week off? How much flab will you drop in January?

personally never noticed any weight gain at this time of year, what am i doing wrong?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Buffed hopefully. Got three to four days where I’ll completely ignore sensible eating but have additional time to ride bikes as well so all being equal I shouldn’t gain or lose.

I still hope to drop a few pounds in Jan though.

organic355
    Free Member

*pulls up chairs and opens his slim-fast shake*

rocketman
    Free Member

stick to chick peas and a small glass several bottles of red wine

I avoid all the culinary crap this time of year and pile the plate high with veg.

philconsequence
    Free Member

mixture of both, after an excess of mincepies and nibbles, the work xmas party and 2 mornings off the gym last week i am planning on going each morning this week and sticking to a healthier eating mindset. will fill my belly over xmas but hoping to fill up with vegetables and the healthier snacks on offer. any chocolate/unhealthy presents will be given to mrsconsequence to eat or share about at her work.

i’m not gunna punish myself or starve, but am hoping to keep a positive mindset and come out the other end ok 🙂

*note i am not buff to begin with lol*

Jamie
    Free Member

I opened my first Aldi Stollen over the weekend.

It’s all downhill till mid-Jan.

soobalias
    Free Member

just realised the half ive agreed to run is the first weekend in feb – so some extra motivation to start each day well

i just know the day will end with alcohol and cheese

lunge

Neither. I will ride more as I am off work, but I will also eat a lot more as well.

If I’m only a bit heavier come January I will be a happy man.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Aldi Stollen

?

oddjob
    Free Member

So far I’ve been sticking to the good eating and tried to align the one day a week off with the parties. It seems to be working and I more of less skipped the day off this weekend in the expectation that next weekend will be somewhat piggy.

I am not really struggling more than the usual pangs at seeing freshy baked bread but I haven’t been offered a freshly baked home make mince pie yet either… (helps being in Denmark on that one as they are unheard of here )

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

No worries Jamie… apparently…

Aldi Stollen is the shiznit as it has the goo, well marzipan, inside

oddjob
    Free Member

considering having a crack at the Rapha festive 500 as there isn’t a foot of snow or -15C this year

Jamie
    Free Member
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Buffed or Bloated this Xmas?’ is closed to new replies.