Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Budget forks….
  • scc999

Hi all.

Are there any 80 – 100mm travel forks that are worth looking at in the £150 – £200 range?

I realise that I wont get anything amazing at this price, but anything has to be better than the ones on the bike at the moment!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Si

BoardinBob

Recons at On One

scc999

Cheers. Out of stock on 26″ – but I’ll keep an eye out.
    Any other suggestions (including what to avoid) welcome!

Si

timidwheeler

I have a set of 100mm Rebas I am looking to sell. Email in profile if you’re interested.

ads678

XC 32’s at on one.

I got a set of 29er ones not long ago and I can’t complain at all. Not as good as my pikes but easily as good as some tora’s and older recons I have used. They might not be fashionable but they do work and they look good as well, which is a bonus!!

scc999

Timid – can’t see your email in your profile?

Would be interested in full spec and price.

Thanks

Si

timidwheeler

Sorry, check now. I will send you full details when I get home tonight.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Suntour Epicon Air, they are better than my Tora SL Coils. Think they are 184 quid from Pine cycles.

scc999

Cheers all.

Timid – email sent.

Si

skids
    Free Member

Rockshox recon Gold

andrewh
    Free Member

I generally find second hand posh stuff to be far better than new cheap stuff, not just froks but pretty much everything.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I agree with that

for the price of some budget model new you will be able to buy something quality

I paid that sort of price for some Talas and they looked unused and been faultless since I bought them

stimpy
    Free Member

andrewh

generally find second hand posh stuff to be far better than new cheap stuff, not just froks but pretty much everything.

I always buy posh second hand frocks rather than new stuff. It’s the disapproving looks from the staff in Monsoon when I head for the changing rooms with armfuls of floral prints that I can’t cope with 😆

timidwheeler

I’ve not got your email yet.
    They are 100mm Reba RL in white. Dual air and poploc. They have had very little use as I decided quite quickly I prefered 120mm. Stanchions are immaculate etc. I was looking at about £150 plus p and p. Ideally we could meet up and swap as you are very new to the forum. The only thing I don’t know off the top of my head is the stearer length, I can let you know Saturday morning.
    1/18, 26 inch wheels, 9mm qr.
    Cheers.

scc999

Cheers all for the advice and links, I’ll take a better look tomorrow.

Timid, just checked and the email hasn’t bounced or anything. Sent from a Gmail account so shouldn’t be seen as spam or junk…

Si

Northwind

I paid under your budget for a set of Sid teams in really good nick. 100mm forks seem to be cheap to buy, guess they’re uncool…

scc999

Northwind – under my budget sounds good!!

I’ll start trawling ebay and try to figure out which ones are good value…

Cheers

Si

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Budget forks….’ is closed to new replies.