Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bucks Off Road Classic
  • HairyHarry
    Free Member

Hi

Has anyone taken part in the Bucks Off Road Classic, http://www.bucksoffroadsportive.co.uk/ ? what’s it like?

I’m torn between this or doing a trailbreak ride which I have enjoyed in the past.

Cheers

Jase
    Free Member

Some people in our club have done it, a bit of info here: http://cyclonembc.editboard.com/general-chat-f1/bucks-offroad-classic-t1276.htm

ononeorange

Done them for the past few years, my backyard and have thoroughly enjoyed them. Pretty well organised, very well signed, the new start / finish venue at the sports club in Denham gives a lot more space and facilities. It’s a great way to learn new routes in the Chilterns, mostly offroad.

There is a hard core of “race” riders (who I assume do the short course) who tend to push through everyone right at the start to get a good time, but once they’ve gone through everyone’s very pleasant and it’s a great day. I’m really looking forward to Sunday.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Not done it, but am really looking forward to it. I want it to be as good as the HONC, which is really a bit too much of a ball-ache to get to for me. 🙂

ratcatcher

Will be there Sunday, bike is still undecided, keep thinking I`ve cheated by not signing up for the 121km

chakaping
    Free Member

Looks interesting.

Anybody know the likely proportion of singletrack and good stuff?

Also, entry form says start times 9-10am – does that mean you start any time in that hour or do diff distances start at diff times?

aP
    Free Member

Might go.
    Depends on Saturday’s ride, but if so we’ll be on cx bikes.

oldgit
    Free Member

It’s a great event, kinda HONC like but better signing.
    I was going but have broken ribs (did I mention them?) so that’s out.
    The route flows well and they certainly find enough hills en-route.
    When I’ve done it they’ve sent riders off in random groups so the roads and BW’s don’t get clogged up.
    Well worth it.

ononeorange

9-10am start time: What they’ve done before is let small groups go as they’re ready as post above says.

Singletrack – not a heck of a lot of it in the Chilterns, but plenty of quality offroad riding.

Aidy
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking I might do it, looks like it’s too late to enter online now though, so it’ll be a turn up on the day thing if it happens.

nickc

Singletrack – not a heck of a lot of it in the Chilterns

You must ride in a different Chilterns to me then, or you’re not looking hard enough

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

Does anyone know where this goes? Am heading out around fingest/skirmit area on sunday and don’t want to be caught up in head on traffic!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bucks Off Road Classic’ is closed to new replies.