Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Brompton tyres
  • bentudder

Dull, I know. Apologies.
    Two years of almost daily commuting in all seasons, and the sidewall on my rear Marathon finally gave up this morning. The tread is still fine, which is a bit of a shame. Booted it with a scrap from a waxed carboard coffee cup, fixed the puncture, and carried on into work.

The Marathon’s been good – for probably about 8,200 miles, from what I’ve worked out. Is Brompton’s own tyre any cop? Is the Kojak worth a look?

T1000
    Free Member

I’d go for the protection + version of the Marathon, lasted 2 yrs

The Kojak is V fast in comparison,but it’s not very durable (its vunerable to cuts from flint chippings and glass) lasted 6 months

The brompton kevlars are midway between the others regarding rolling resistence and durability

bentudder

Thank you!
    A local shop has Marathons in stock, so heading over there in a bit. Kojaks look great, but six months for a commuting tyre makes them four times the price of the Marathon I’ve worn out – and even that seems to have been a bit of sidewall cracking that failed when I flatted this morning and rode a bit too far before realising it was a tad too squishy at the back.
    I’m going to give the Brompton Kevlar a go as and when the front Marathon starts getting ropey.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Brompton tyres’ is closed to new replies.