Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Broken Tracer VP
  • dans160
    Free Member

Having decided to add some new grease to the bearings using the zerk ports and grease gun you get with the frame I noticed some play in one of the bearings in the rear triangle where where it mates to the lower pivot arm. Taking it apart to clean out the old grease and for a closer look the rear triangle sprung to the left (looking at the bike from the top with it placed upside down on the ground). This makes it very hard to get back together and also makes me think that a. the rear triangle is out of alignment and b. this aggravated the bearing wear.

The bike store think that this is acceptable, I don’t. What do you folks think and does anyone have any experiences of this type of issue?

Picture here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36888467@N08/3504546689/

Cheers,

Dan

ChrisS
    Free Member

Take a look at the Intense manufacturers forum over on http://www.mtbr.com, I think I saw mention of something similar over there….

mamadirt
    Free Member

Was about to post the same myself until I realized that it was Dans post 😉

Dougal
    Free Member

Get in touch with the importer, they’re REALLY good at sorting out stuff like this.

dans160
    Free Member

I called Intense and mailed them the photos. Apparently this is okay. Even so, I’m still not convinced.

Is there a number for the importers? I checked the website but there was none for general enquiries. Also, the shop said that the importers would have nothing to do with me…

mamadirt
    Free Member

Phone No for Extra UK is 01933 672170 – gotta be worth a shot.

dans160
    Free Member

Thanks mamadirt, I’ll give them a call.

duir
    Free Member

Your expensive frame should not be doing that it isn’t acceptable. Seen issues with bearings and rear triangle play on the Socom too. Shame as intense bikes look good and when they aren’t broken they ride good too.

STATO
    Free Member

Intense bikes are well known for having crap alignment (my Socom does the same thing as yours, tho i got mine second-hand and knew when i got it), thats what you get for buying somthing made by a hick in a shed. Shame as you say cos it works a treat. Contact extra, they have been known to offer replacement for frames that are well out of alignment.

IA

Contact extra, just had a warranty issue with my socom sorted by them directly, as it was easier/quicker than CRC. They were incredibly helpful – couldn’t have been better.

No alignment issues on my socom, though I would say their QC at the factory is less than great given my experiences (all sorted now though, again thanks to Extra).

dans160
    Free Member

I called the importer and pointed them at the thread on mtbr. They will take it up with Intense. I will try to remember to post back any outcome.

Thanks so far!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Broken Tracer VP’ is closed to new replies.