Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • TF Tuned New Owners
  • solamanda
    Free Member

I wonder if the extra free time available to Tim will make him more friendly on the phone ;o)

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i doubt it

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Having met Tim in person he is a really nice guy and very helpful but I know what you mean about his phone manner! I think they deal with a lot of questions that in truth if us blokes RTFM we wouldn’t have to bother them – lol

Onzadog
    Free Member

who owns it now? Is it still the place to get the work done then?

mboy
    Free Member

Isn’t “RTFM” Tim’s standard reply? 😉

Seriously though, he’s a top bloke that knows his stuff! What’s happened then? Can’t find any info…

solamanda
    Free Member

Try the front page Mark.

djglover
    Free Member

Last time I spoke to him he was really friendly and helpful and sent me the spares I needed to fix my Pikes ❓

mboy
    Free Member

solamanda – Member

Try the front page Mark.

I was! TFTuned’s front page though… D’oh!

julianwilson
    Free Member

Tim Flooks was just fine with me on the 2 occasions I rang them.
    why’s he selling?

IWH
    Free Member

I’ve met Tim in person at a couple of races and he’s always been a thoroughly nice chap, spoken with him on the phone and he’s always been willing to go above & beyond what you could reasonably expect from someone who must be so busy.

I know the company will stay in operation and I’m sure it’s great for Tim & Helen but it does still make me a little sad that a Company he’s worked so hard to build up has been purchased by some who perhaps see it as little more than a cash cow.

I know, I know, I’m a cynical old git.

mboy
    Free Member

Tim Flooks was just fine with me on the 2 occasions I rang them.
    why’s he selling?

I was just being tongue in cheek, I’ve met him a few times, he’s one of those people that isn’t afraid to speak his mind (if that’s how you want to put it), some people like that, some don’t. Personally I think it’s great as you know where you stand, and Tim SERIOUSLY knows his stuff. But some people like to be “schmoozed” as a customer, and have people pander to their ego’s etc. Tim ain’t the kind of guy to do that if you get my drift! Definitely a no nonsense, get the job done kind of guy.

And at a guess, I’d say the last point I made is probably why he’s selling it, yet remaining on in a technical capacity. Just speculation but it would allow him to carry on doing the bits he’s world class at (fixing bike suspension) without having to do loads of the other tat that most people don’t like about running a small business (accounts, chatting to bank managers etc.)

cynic-al
    Free Member

He’s probbers done OK out of it, doesn’t now have to deal with the management BS but keeps onin a role he enjoys. Sounds good to me.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Try the front page Mark.

…what is this ‘front page’ you speak of?…

Drac

Doubt he could any more friendly the times I’ve rung or emailed for advice they’ve been spot on and very helpful.

simonside
    Free Member

Leave him alone, he really is a good bloke.
    Just read some of the dumb ass questions posted on this and imagine getting interrupted by people asking similar kinds of questions when you`re trying to get on with a days work…..

mboy
    Free Member

Leave him alone, he really is a good bloke.
    Just read some of the dumb ass questions posted on this and imagine getting interrupted by people asking similar kinds of questions when you`re trying to get on with a days work…..

You’re absolutely right, don’t think my tongue in cheek comment translated very well in written word! My bad! 😕

solamanda
    Free Member

I think they’re referring to the original post, which was meant tongue in cheek.

saladdodger
    Free Member

yep I to have had dealings with Tim F and found him realy helpful, and I have met him on the Q’s nice guy.

And to anyone who dissagrees be warned he is fuggin huge

flamejob
    Free Member

43eded Verry verry nice man. He got stuck in a lift with me once in Alpe d’Huez. Poor chap.

Still.. lets hope the Technical title he has given himself isn’t just a smokescreen to fade onto the distance and oblivion.

MrNutt
    Free Member

no wonder he needs the time off! 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘TF Tuned New Owners’ is closed to new replies.