Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Broken spoke..
  • erbii
    Free Member

Will I die?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yes, if you stick it through your heart lots

sharkbait
    Free Member

…….in a blaze of glory. 🙂

Doubtful, but worth fixing as I think it puts a bit more strain on the spokes either side and lead to more breaking. Also you've probably got a wobbly wheel now 🙁

samuri
    Free Member

Your bank manager might if you've got one of these modern wheels with new spokes. 3 quid each!

StirlingCrispin

It will need to be fixed sooner rather than later (although if it's an old wheel a broken spoke is often a sign that they're all on the way out).

If you've cycled to work on it and need to get home, loosen off the spokes on either side. Will make the wheel slightly egg shaped but will straighten it out (and will be good until you can get it fixed).

erbii
    Free Member

So the wheel is not going to explode any time soon with me face planting over the handlebars then.. 😆

njee20
    Free Member

It may do, once one spoke has gone, the rest usually continue to fail. Depends on the wheel. But death could be impending.

sharkbait
    Free Member

might do……… might not

😐

coffeeking
    Free Member

Normally you'll cope one 1 spoke down until you can get it replaced. My other half had to put up with 1 spoke down for 2 weeks in the alps!

erbii
    Free Member

Thank you coffeeking i will now go ride it gnarly stylee..!

richc
    Free Member

should be fine, however as others have said it seems to be one of the signs of a wheel being on the way out. I seem to be losing 1 spoke a week on one of my wheels at the moment 🙁 So I guess its time it got rebuilt.

erbii
    Free Member

I'm going to put it in the shop next week for a service (haven't got the knowledge, skills or time yet). Just want to 'get a way with it' for the weekend..

richc
    Free Member

Should be fine then, if the LBS is close it might be worth a call though as its a 5 minute job to do.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Broken spoke..’ is closed to new replies.