Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Broken Scott Genius Frame
  • mph16
    Free Member

Scott Genius MC50 (large). I have just been told by my LBS that the rear triange (seatstays) has a crack in it, and needs replacement. Anyone know an alternative other than getting another from Scott (£117), or anyone got a used one for sale?

julianwilson
    Free Member

rear end is the same size whatever size or 'number' (ie mc20, 30, 40 etc). So i would get a second hand one and keep it for spares. The ti hardware is also hugely expensive to replace and the seatclam and post are funny sizes too, so if you are looking at £117 just for one bit of it you might as well have a donor frameset. As a guide, i sold my 2005 mc50 frame and bits on here for about £150 recently.

t-p26
    Free Member

Not wishing to throw a cat amongst the pigeons but is it worth spending good money on? Who can service the shock?
    Just a thought you understand……

flatback
    Free Member

why is this not a warranty issue, i broke a scott they gave me a new frame they were great

mph16
    Free Member

Hi guys thanks for the replies so far. I have bought this as a bike recently to join my hardtail as a trial of full susp. Its not standard spec and the rest of the bike will serve me well I am sure for 6-12 months. Rear shocks can be serviced by Scott or TF Tuning (£75). So if anyone knows who might have some/a broken frames around that I can salvage, let me know. Cheers

PS Yes I would love to buy a carbon one…but alas funds…..

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Only Scott service centre can do a scott shock and its about £110 iirc.

mcboo
    Free Member

I broke one just outside of warranty, Scott were very good, replaced it anyway.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Broken Scott Genius Frame’ is closed to new replies.