Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Broken frame advice
  • lukeryan
    Free Member

Just bought a new frame to build up as I fancied a change. Stripped down the old bike (on one scandal) and noticed the weld by the seat stays/seat tube has almost completely broken.

What’s my best option? Get it repaired, sell it as is and leave it for someone else to repair or hang it on the wall? Now that it has gone is it likely to go again? Would be a shame to waste what is otherwise a great frame.

ctk
    Free Member

I don’t think alu frames can be repaired.

monkeyboyjc

Personally I’d stick it on a wall, but if you need £50 worth of shiny bits for the new bike sell it….
    You won’t get back any ££ repairing it 1St.

superstu
    Free Member

Not sure it’s worth selling, you’d get next to nothing for it. Not seen or heard much about aluminium being repaired successfully so wall art is my suggestion. Sorry, appreciate the frame is well loved.

andyl
    Free Member

I would say it’s scrap. Value is low before you even factor in it needing a repair. Re-purpose it as something else or recycle it.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Warranty? 👿

superstu
    Free Member

The Parkwood replaced the scandal and on one have been chucking them out for £80, which is why I don’t see a fix as being good value for money (and question whether it would happen again).

Del

bin

sandwicheater

Stick it on the bay for spares and repairs for £1 +postage. It’s a nice frame but not that nice to hang on a wall.

Someone will buy/repair but it’ll not be worth while IMHO. Recently broke an Alu frame and looked into fixing. Basically, don’t bother was what my research showed.

lukeryan
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Looks like it will go on the classifieds or eBay. I have the SS dropouts and SS set up, so they may be of use to someone. Failing that I can always scrap it for 70p 🙄

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Broken frame advice’ is closed to new replies.