Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Broadband Traffic Management (Torrents)
  • mattrgee
    Free Member

Any suggestions for bypassing torrent traffic management? Been using Torrific for awhile now which allows torrents to be downloaded using HTTP, but their servers are pretty slow and a 700MB file takes around 5 hours to download so fairly pointless.

Cheers.

righty
    Free Member

use a paid for vpn there are lots around and quite cheap $9/ month or less, plus there is the privacy benefit

Dino
    Free Member

been thinking the same myself

mattrgee
    Free Member

I’ve gone with the VPN option. I was getting 15kB/s, now getting 300kB/s. It gives me a US IP which allows me access to Hulu and Netflix etc. £13 for 3 months, can’t grumble. Obviously some UK specific stuff won’t work while the VPN is connected i.e. iPlayer, but its just a case of disconnecting when required.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

why do you need a manager?

i download at 1.5mbs on pretty much all.

Flaperon

Not sure who your ISP is but BT only apply traffic management at peak times (ie, 5pm – midnight during the week and all day at the weekend). Download less? Actually buy the movie? Downloading it is little different than heading out to loot HMV. [/sanctimonious]

Cougar

Use an ISP that isn’t Tiscali or TalkTalk?

chvck
    Free Member

The VPN solution sounds like a good one. I just download between midnight and 8am (doesn’t count toward my monthly usage between those hours either :)), I guess that isn’t an option if you don’t want to leave your machine on all night some nights.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Not sure who your ISP is but BT only apply traffic management at peak times (ie, 5pm – midnight during the week and all day at the weekend). Download less? Actually buy the movie? Downloading it is little different than heading out to loot HMV. [/sanctimonious]

It’s not BT. Got bored reading the rest.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I have a real slow connection so if a 700MB file could take around 5 hours to download so fairly pointless. it would be amazing!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Broadband Traffic Management (Torrents)’ is closed to new replies.