Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Broadband / phone recommendations other than ****in' Talk Talk !
  • oldfart

Finally lost patience .It's like a cross between Russian Roulette and the lottery trying to get connected .So is there any service out there that will do the seemingly difficult job of connecting when i want to ?

JxL
    Free Member

I'm using Orange 8mb broadband, works out about £5 per month (if you have orange contract phone). Would say its very reliable, only had several problems in past 2 years.

porterclough
    Free Member

I'm perfectly happy with PlusNet (well I am now I've moved to the cheaper tariff that they neglected to tell me about previously).

sofaking
    Free Member

just gone from plusnet who had been great for years to 02( cheaper cause i have mobile with them) and my connection went form 4 meg(on upto 8meg deal) to 11.5meg( on upto 11 meg deal) for less dosh.

theyEye
    Free Member

Used to have Zen before leaving the UK. Not the fastest, not the cheapest (at least when I was around), but the best. No hassle at all over 4 years — never goes down, and customer service is great (only had to call them when moving house). Highly recommended.

pixelmix
    Free Member

+1 for o2. Pleased with my connection. I think they are good if you live within one of their own pimped up exchanges, but if not, I've heard that you don't get quite such a good service.

I've got the 8Mb service (speed tested at around 6.5Mb) for £7.50 a month since I'm an o2 mobile user, but even the full price is only £12.50. Upload speeds are reasonable (1.3Mb), which is better than some, and affects your general usage even if you aren't 'uploading' in the accepted sense. Unlimited too, none of this '10GB a month' nonsense.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Sky is sh¥t as I know from experience! Down to dial up speed at really busy times. After few complaints etc decent guy from sky said the only way to get good speed on my line was BT or orange as both have own equipment in the exchange. Not piggy backing like the rest!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Broadband / phone recommendations other than ****in' Talk Talk !’ is closed to new replies.