• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by aP.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bristol Bike Fest – 3 hour ‘novice’ race
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

Not raced for a couple of years and never anything longer than an hour or so’s x/c (did the FOD Enduro about 18 months ago – 2 hours I think – I was knackered), but I’m very tempted by the Bike Fest’s shorter enduro. Not a novice by any stretch of the imagination but the longer 6 hour race would kill me solo, whereas I reckon 3 hours would be a challenge. Is it gonna be full of people on shopping bikes 😉 or should I give it a go. Anyone else doing it?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I’m doing the 12 hour solo the day before, I’m local an know the course very well.

If you are not a novice, push yourself do the 6 hour race you know you can do it.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Another 12 hour solo – you can pull off into the event village at any time for a breather so go on, 6 hours!!! 🙂

wonnyj
    Free Member

Well it’ll be full of novices but they’ll mainly be on proper bikes. Wouldn’t worry about it, will definitely be good fun.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Hmmmm, suppose I could ride for 2 hours, nip home over the bridge for a roast lunch and then back for another 2 😉

clubber
    Free Member

the bristol 12 is a brilliant event with a great course that has lots of singletrack. 3 hours will be fine for almost anyone who rides regularly

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yeah, I raced at Bristol at a few of the old Southern XC series rounds – love the course. I guess it’s the ‘novice’ tag that’s making me a little unsure. Back when I used to race XC the novice class was strictly for first timers whereas the fun class was just that.

Just spotted this on the Bikefest site . . .

To accommodate young and new to the sport riders, we have added a separate 3 hour novice event to the Sunday running as well

. . . burger!! – fail on both counts 😐

clubber
    Free Member

6 hours it is then 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

I guess so . . . best start shopping for a new saddle 😉

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Do it on a ss! I always ride my ss round there – made for it! :mrgreen:

mamadirt
    Free Member

Last x/c race I did there was ss – yep, it’s a great course for singlespeed. If there was an ss category on the Sunday I may consider converting the Tazer but 12 hours on the Saturday would be madness 😈

aP
    Free Member

Well, after the 12 on Saturday, and IF I’ve got over my hangover I’ll cheer for you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bristol Bike Fest – 3 hour ‘novice’ race’ is closed to new replies.