Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Brighton Marathon – April
  • Dekerf
    Free Member

Been offered a place at the Brighton Marathon this year and was wondering if i should do it or not?

Always wanted to do a marathon, but was wondering how much practice is really needed?

Although i am fairly fit, i don’t really do much running, save for 5 a side football once a week, in which i actually run quite a bit, compared to the others i play with.

I don’t have too much time, but am doing a 24 solo bike race in July so will be getting ready for that….

Do i have enough time with limited amounts of training per week to get fit enough to run it without embarrasing myself? Or causing more serious problems for my later event?

Or shall i decline the offer??

iDave
    Free Member

do it, plenty of time to train

wwaswas

Do it. as above – plenty of time to train and if you have reasonable base fitness it won’t be too bad.

My wife did it last year (and again this year) she said that the crowd all the way round were brilliant – really helped.

Top tip – where a t-shirt/bib with your name on it – hearing people shout ‘Go on Dekerf’ when you’re at a low ebb really helps.

anonymouse
    Free Member

I did it last year and will be doing it again in April. It’s a nice, fairly flat, course and the crowd support is very good most of the way round (although it’s a little thin between miles 22 and 24). I’ve only just started proper training for this year, so there’ll be plenty of time to get the fitness up. Do it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Brighton Marathon – April’ is closed to new replies.