Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Brighton Big Dog video
  • hazeii
    Free Member

This is a couple of days old, but can't see it's been posted before – bit cheesy, but happy to take the flak for posting it (esp. given they kicked major sponsorships into touch in favour of smaller players). Captures the flavour of the day pretty well, I reckon.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

It was the best event of the year by a mile. Having done Mayhem, TwentyFour12 and SITS, the BrightonBigDog course AND race atmosphere were a huge step up in terms of enjoyment. Huge quantities of tea and cake, and free beer as you crossed the finish line And then there was a post race party. Simply awesome!

Surely next year's "MUST DO" event ?

showerman
    Free Member

The course looks like it was in a field hope it got more interesting away from the start-finish line. Like the idea of not having the BIG boys as sponsers think it then keeps it at ground level in terms of what it is about riding racing enjoying the day.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

Those are shots from the pit area. You want to have a look at the shots on the website front page, then you'll get a flavour of what 99% or the course was about. It just had to have an open are for transition every lap, diving out of the woods, before darting right back in there. Don't worry about that!

BrightonBigDog LINK HERE

Hope that whets your appetite for the course.

barca
    Free Member

ouch!

hazeii
    Free Member

Elite reaction skills there, grabbing the tree to cushion the blow! Any idea where on the course that was, and jeez I hope the rider was ok!

bigsi
    Free Member

So good i went over and rode most of the course again today 😀

woodsman
    Free Member

It was indeed 'more interesting' when out of the pit/transition area. Reputed to be one of the most technical uk xc race courses this year.

I'm in the vid, coming in from my lap and tagging my mate, who rides off for his lap. We're numbers 222.

It was a great event!

As far as I'm aware, from the marshalls, who took the pic, the rider was ok in the end. I know where it is was, the first half of the race is theonly way I can describe.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

In my opinion, the only course to appraoch the technical interest and challenge of the BrightonBigDog course was the ones held at Lea Quarry, and that was over a 15min lap, at a trail centre with purpose built trails! To maintain that level of interest and difficulty, over a 40min lap, with a huge amount of variety thrown in too was an awesome job by the course designers. There always seemed to be good opportunities for passing off line too.

Big "thank you"s and congratulations to the organisers

JamesP
    Free Member

Its been a couple of weeks since the Big Dog and I've only just got round to editing my video. Still, it was one of the best events of the year IMO and I make no apologies for posting the video late. If you weren't there (or even if you were) take a look 🙂

woodsman
    Free Member

Love to see it but my pc doesn't like Vimeo. Normally there is a Windows media player option but no on yours James?

JamesP
    Free Member

Hmm. I don't know. I uploaded it as a quicktime file which may be the problem. Anyone know what to do?

carl
    Free Member

Im gutted i didnt get to say hello to you neil.I didnt even see you.

Tea in bone china cups,fantastic.

woodsman
    Free Member

I can see it now, had to download Flash 10!

JamesP
    Free Member

@woodsman – that's what Vimeo Help seemed to suggest 🙂

woodsman
    Free Member

Yeah, found it eventually. I did spot myself, and I didn't realise how serious some were taking it, warming up on rollers – blimey! Makes me even more pleased with our pairs placing.

Mind you I did spin up the chalky climb out of the village and back, in a vague attempt to warm up

singletrackmind

Guess who the gurning idiot with the chest scars is?

I ran out of ability on a narrow downhill section and thats the result.

DezB
    Free Member

Mean scars there! Good video, will have to try to make that event next year 🙂

hazeii
    Free Member

JamesP, great video! Old enough to appreciate the Iggy Pop track too 🙂

Carl, didn't know you were there or would most certainly have stopped to say hi for an introduction to the Squirt ladies 😉 What sort of lap time did they get?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Brighton Big Dog video’ is closed to new replies.