• This topic has 135 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by benji.
Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • Brighton Big Dog 2015 roll call
  • shortcut

Cracking event as ever. Big thanks to the Big Dog crew for making it happen.

benji
    Free Member

Great event, the marshalls really got into the spirit of the event, which made for a great atmosphere. Was pleased to squeek in one last lap with just a couple of minutes to spare. Nice course, was dreading a mud bath from the reports of the rain, but it was spot on, nicely grippy with no dust.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

anyone have links to photographers?

benji
    Free Member

Kevin Sheldrake was out there, he hasn’t uploaded to flickr yet.

Napalm
    Free Member

Thanks for coming everyone!

We had a great day putting it in for you.
    I’ve just completed operation ‘clean sweep’ and there’s hardly anything left – you wouldn’t know that we’d been there!
    Even the football pitch is in perfect nick and ready for some injury feigning activity.

We’ll announce next year’s date in November when B&H Council publish their 2016 Agenda – expect more thrills, spills and belly laughs. And a few nice surprises…

Thank you!

niggle
    Free Member
    stylish
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it, first time there and after changing categories due to illness happy to come home 13th in the teams class, great course lots of laughs and the whole event was so chilled.

mccraque

Fantastic event… marshals, course and sunshine amazing. we managed 12th in the team event.

Negatives – getting too cocky on the last corner out of the woods and wiping out in front of the marshals – and having to leave to do a lap just as Blue Monday was being played by the DJ’s. At least I got back in time for “Dangerzone”

Looking forward to next years already!

timbur
    Free Member

Ace event and top draw riders. Everyone I met was happy even when I said they couldn’t park in the solo area! You lot rock.

Luke – those Jaffa Cakes turned out to be a late breakfast and early lunch. I got home at 9pm for tea of cold samosas from the lovely lady at the curry stand. Still knackered now.

I NEED one of those Specialized PHAT bikes. The lady riding the dinky one made it look SOOOOO very right. Thanks to everyone that managed a high five with my herberts in the first woodland climb, especially after we gave a lot of verble “encouragement!”

wwaswas

Glad they were helpful 🙂

Thanks to you and all the marshals Tim – you all make the event what it is.

I’ve no idea who the woman at marshal point 4 was but she just didn’t stop shouting encouragement – even when Jo turned up and started squeezing his horn.

That specialized was really nice – I *need* a bike that colour.

adsh
    Free Member

I’ve no idea who the woman at marshal point 4 was but she just didn’t stop shouting encouragement

And the rest! She was jumping about a foot clear off the ground in her encouragement.

I proposed marriage but sadly on the last lap so didn’t get an answer.

nickw

I’ve no idea who the woman at marshal point 4 was but she just didn’t stop shouting encouragement

I particularly liked the “not long now” as I went past about 1:20!

I’ll just add my thanks to all the marshals and organisers. This was my 4th Big Dog and it’s just the most fun event with the best atmosphere, which is why I chose it for my first 6 hour solo. Disappointed not to get 9 laps in but 8 laps and 9th in the Vets solo wasn’t a bad day out!

DaRC_L

yes all the positive comments about the organisation, fantastic marshalls and great course 😀
    As ever it was great but I was rubbish…
    still there’s always next year where I will avoid nasty illnesses, working away from home, weddings, the evils of drink and get some physio in so I can train properly 😆

birdage

Stopped by halfway through a ride that took me through Stanmer, inadvertently got onto the course and then told ‘wrong way mate’ as I was leaving it ;). Fantastic atmosphere and really chilled buzz around the arena. Highlight for me was how sparkling Simon’s Jones looked AFTER a lap.

timbur
    Free Member

Simons too quick for the dirt to land on his bike. Bit like Burt!!
    Mines always covered. Say no more.

benji
    Free Member

There was also some other marshals holding up signs with smile written on and whooping, which was encouraging. Another marshal joined in with the Jazz hands to point the way.

Orange Specialized Fatboys are great bikes, I found mine a comfortable place to be for 8 laps didn’t look as good under my gangling sticky limbs as it did with Melissa on her little Fatboy, but pleased I came in 15th in solo vets, squeaked in with a few minutes to spare.

Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Brighton Big Dog 2015 roll call’ is closed to new replies.