Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • Just been to the barbers and now I look like a ****
  • bigblackshed

Went to the barbers this afternoon for the usual 6 week trim. Normally the best I can hope for is shorter hair, due to the thick mop of curly hair. It’s longer on top with the back and sides tapered.

The barber had a little accident when clippering in the taper and dabbed down to the skin half way up the back of my head. The boss took over and said he’d try to do the best he could with the remains. So I’ve now got a hair cut from Hipster Monthly. The sides and back are not much more than shaved, with a patch of curly mop on top. Without some hipster pomade, which he gave me for nowt, I look like a mad professor, with it I look like I’m trying too hard.

At 44 I thought my life of crap haircuts was long over. 🙄

scaredypants

PICS !!!!!!

Mackem

Just get a number 2 all over.

scotroutes

Buy some clippers and do it yourself. You’ll save a fortune.

djglover
    Free Member

Rubber_Buccaneer

PICS !!!!!!

This, I can’t make an assessment without seeing the damage 🙂

Cougar

Buy a hat.

After you’ve shown us your curly mop.

Er, so to speak.

brooess
    Free Member

I asked a barber once to clipper back and sides #3 and then trim the top. He took the clipper to the whole lot… I never went back!
    I didn’t know what to say – I think it was a language barrier so didn’t have the heart to tell him he’d just ruined my haircut!

nealglover
    Free Member

So you got the hipster hair product for nothing (which obviously you didn’t want)

But did you pay for the haircut ?

grahamt1980

Are you sure it is the haircut that makes you look like a ####?
    Just asking

MSP

At 44 I thought my life of crap haircuts was long over.

If at 44 you have not succumbed to the one true haircut, then you are a drinker of shandy, a bike park car park mincer, an owner of a vintage Italian sportscar (2006 alfa romeo estate) who wears rayban sunglasses indoors and thinks topgun and cocktail were good films. You are basically a disgrace to the human race and it is about time you did something with your life, like end it!

sc-xc

Mackem – Member
    Just get a number 2 all over.

It is true that smearing shit on your head will improve any haircut.

kimbers

Just say it’s a new look you’ve invented called Geek Pie

somafunk

It is true that smearing shit on your head will improve any haircut.

It’s certainly true that no-one will get near enough to pass criticism on your new coiffed look that’s for sure.

MSP

Oh, and I forgot to add, I bet you secretly like listening to Robbie Williams don’t you, go on admit it, you sick pervert.

cynic-al
    Free Member

So you asked for a hipster and regret it?

Before and after pics, so we know you didn’t look a **** anyway? 😛

somafunk

Before and after pics, so we know you didn’t look a **** anyway?

No matter how he looks he should realise that we’re going to rip him to bits…………Did you go shopping afterwards and end up with skintight 3/4 Lil-Sister jeans and white plimsoles? 🙂

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Can you pull off the Bruce Willis look? 😀

I joke, but I get more attention from the fairer sex when I look like a skinhead/squaddy.

If not just be happy with the fact that you are now rocking the de rigueur amongst 20 somethings, Peaky Blinders look.

bigblackshed

I’ll sort some pictures out for the full humiliation later.

I’m 44 and I’ve got I had a full head of hair. I’ve now got a half head of head. Being blessed with hair I have managed to grow it a bit so I could move away from the generic, bordering on middle age, trying to hide I’m going bald, clipper cut. I was a bit reluctant to chop of all my hair to match the sides and back, otherwise I’ll look like a Crime Watch mugshot.

MSP

That’s out of order. A **** Alfa Romeo? I’ll have you know I nearly fit the STW stereotype and drive a VW. As for shandy. You don’t get a beer gut like mine by drinking soft southern shandy. FFS.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Just clip it and buy a bomber jacket, enjoy looking like a thug for a bit. You will be amazed by how many people avoid you.

bikebouy
    Free Member

just by some dungarees and check shirt, large boots.

#trendy

Cougar

Ooh, I know.

What you need is a beard.

dudeofdoom

Could use your offcuts to furnish aforementioned beard…

anyway according to a bloke in work the only time to worry about hair is when you find grey pubes.

bearnecessities

trying to hide I’m going bald, clipper cut.

It’s not hiding.

Once upon a time I would specify how I would like my hair cut. Now, I just mutter “4. All over. Thanks”.

Anything else would be wasting everyone’s time.

When they come to show me the back with the mirror, well, the nice but sweary Turkish hairdresser in Bolton knows not to bother.

It’s not hiding, it’s simply not being ready to go the full Duncan Goodhew.

[Scott Mills] Whoooooo?[/Scott Mills]

househusband

bigblackshed; to make you feel, perhaps, a tad better… I managed to shave off an eyebrow a couple of weekends ago. New trimmers, did the right one perfectly then tried the left one left-handed for some reason; had the metal clippers facing me rather than the plastic guard. The kids I had to teach the next day/week were, just as my wife predicted, merciless.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Embrace the change. Whilst your peers have succumbed to middle aged hair conformity you have something new about you. If it is truly absurd then revel in it’s absurdity, if it makes you look like a mad professor then be a mad professor for a few weeks. It’ll be fun.

jools182
    Free Member

Where are the pics?

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve just dropped back in on this post hoping for pics of a random wanna be hipster man. What the **** happened to my Friday nights 😆

teethgrinder

Life is over. Drown yourself in the mainstream.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

A colleague has one of those “barber got bored halfway through and only did half a job haircuts”. He looks ridiculous.

somafunk

As bigblackshed has not yet posted a pic of his hipster haircut i’m going to try and guess

Am i close? 😀

scaredypants

TooTall
    Free Member

We’re the same age and have the same problem – too much hair on our heads.

CELEBRATE! It will have grown out in a couple of weeks, and that’s way better than being a baldy like so many our age. Revel in it – at least you have options with hair!

postierich
    Free Member

48 and I got the so called hipster cut!! much to everyones amusement!
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/ubzbeE]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

robowns
    Free Member

I reckon that’s a good look Rich, you do not look 47.

garage-dweller

W hat are you trying to spot through that obscure window postie???

Chapeau for carrying off that look though.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Hipster Cop!

holdsteady

I never ask my barber to make me look older, balder, fatter and greyer but that’s the look I always seem to leave the place with.

bigblackshed

Right. I’ve tried to take some photos but I’m too full of home brew and rum. You’ll have to wait until the morning.

PostieRich: that’s made me feel soooooo much better. I wish I could get past 4 or 5 days growth without scratching my face off.

Actually, The Wife hasn’t stopped stroking my stubbly bits. She has repeated “it’s alright”, so although I look like a **** I might be on to a winner. (Normally she wouldn’t notice if I had purple hair and wore a bin bag) 😉

gordimhor

Actually, The Wife hasn’t stopped stroking my stubbly bits. She has repeated “it’s alright”, so although I look like a **** I might be on to a winner.

This makes me think pics are even more important… so we can all go down to the barbers tomorrow and say I want a haircut like his, pal

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Just been to the barbers and now I look like a ****’ is closed to new replies.