Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Brexit now it's time to cut pensions
  • footflaps

They’ve time to save for their pensions, but they’ll do sod all and sue someone in 50 years time when they can’t afford to retire.

With what spare money? They’ll graduate over £50k in debt, get a job paying maybe £1200/month, have to rent a flat at £1000 a month, and need a £50k deposit for a 1 bedroom flat costing £500k?

I had free University education, graduated owing about £250, got a well paying graduate training job, bought a 3 bed house in central Cambridge for 3x my salary with a modest deposit (easily saved in a few years). All done working a 37.5 hour week with no help from parents etc.

Steve77
    Free Member

The promises a generation makes to itself aren’t legitimate obligations for future generations. There should never be an inter-generational transfer of wealth from the young to the old. We’re supposed to leave a legacy for our kids, not a debt. If the boomers just voted away their triple lock then good. That’s still not even close to what they’ve inflicted on those still in work.

samunkim
    Free Member

FYI
    Housewives have just had their pensions taken away entirely
    Thanks

Linky

jambalaya
    Free Member

@penine top post, we need more bikes

OP what a foul thread you’ve started, how proud you must be. Without those elders we wouldn’t have existed nor have gotten to grow up in the 5th richest country in the world. Perhaps you might like to think that they carry some wisdom. My parents who are lifelong Labour supporters voted Leave as they voted for a Common Market in 1975 and got something very different. I suspect a great deal of people did the same.

Aristotle
    Free Member

I am pleased to say that my parents and other older generation relatives voted to remain.

They are also not ignorant, socially conservative bigots.

There may not be a connection.

They are all angry about the leave result.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Brexit now it's time to cut pensions’ is closed to new replies.