Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Brecon Beast 2017
  • reg100
    Free Member

Does anyone know how or when entry comes out? – the website only talks about the 2016 event and was keen not to miss out

welshfarmer

You won’t miss out. They have pretty much unlimited entry, even on the day in past years. Think they have a Facebook site if that helps

reg100
    Free Member

Thanks, not sure of date so was hoping to see how it fits with Summer holidays and other commitments

deadkenny
    Free Member

Beast is run second Sunday in September usually.

It’s not a race and done to raise money for charity, so they welcome as many as possible. Though seems to be causing traffic jams on the early sections more often. They run a fair bit at the beginning on road to spread the pack out, but can hit a jam once hitting off road.

welshfarmer

From FB….

Beast 2017 – Important Statement
    To all our Beast riders and supporters, we have to inform you that we will be having a year off organising the Brecon Beast event this year (2017). This will no doubt will disappoint many of you, but I hope you can understand our circumstances why this is necessary. We are a very small organising group and during 2017 a few key members have to take a step back to attend to personal, business and family commitments; to proceed without these key people would not guarantee that the events organisation would be to the standard required.
    The event has raised £100,000 for local charities and good causes, so thank you all for supporting it and making this possible; you certainly have made a difference to all the charities that we have helped.
    After a year off our batteries will be re charged and I’m confident we will be raring to stage the event again in 2018.
    Thanks all and very best wishes for all you mountain biking events for 2017 team Beast.

dynebaruk
    Free Member

Gutted! I was hoping to do this as my first ever MTB event this year. Looks like I’ll have to find something else.

haribodan
    Free Member

Does anyone know of any alternatives to the beast that will be running?

any suggestions welcome but looking for something with a simular format to what the beast had.

weeksy

White Roads Classic Sportive

Just entered this. 100miler. Ok, so it’s not technically hard, but a decent distance

fatbikedog
    Free Member

For an alternative have a look at Wild Boar Chase, held in the Forest of Dean in May. Its a great chilled out ride for charity with different distance options. A mass start of 1000 riders but not a race. Not very technical but good riding none the less.

vdubber67
    Free Member

MTB Marathon Series are similar….

https://www.mtb-marathon.co.uk

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Brecon Beast 2017’ is closed to new replies.