Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Brechfa village – worth staying a night?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Looks like the Raven and older red trail can be ridden straight out of Brechfa, there's a decent looking B&B in the village, but what about (safe) pubs for an after ride drink or two?

Or is one of the other near by villages a better bet. Either way, there dont seem to be too many camping opportunities in the area.

Brunk
    Free Member

Try Louise or George at the Black Lion in Abergorlech right next to the Gorlech/Red trail:
    01558658271 – pub's great and they rent out a holiday cottage within walking/staggering distance. Sleeps 4-6 apparently

Otherwise try Sandy or Malcom in Ty're Cae B&B – really nice B&B between Abergorlech and Brechfa: £35 a night (I think) and bike friendly 01267202406

zebra
    Free Member

Two pubs in LLansaweil, the next village along as well.

peteimpreza

Ty'r Cae +1 here. Great B&B. 5 mins cycle to the trail head for the Green, Blue and Black.

The Plough Inn down the road in Felingwm is also highly recommended. Excellent food, particularly the steaks, and beer. Friendly staff and locals.

The pub in Brechfa is closed and has been for some time.

The village shop does not open on the Lords day either, so don't ask. 😯

specializedneeds

This place was fantastic when I stayed there: Bike Brechfa.

They also have links to other accomodation on their site, but I recommend Ivy and Carl: excellent hosts and mountain bikers so facilities were well tailored. Two pubs in the village (Llansawel, as mentioned above) and a short ride to the trails.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

The Black Lion is a top pub, very highly recommended. Spent many a fun night in there.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

thanks guys, plenty of choice.

So, what exactly do Bike Brechfa do? More than guiding around a trail centre presumably?

Taff
    Free Member

Brechfa and Llansawel are both good. Can't remember the name of the couple down there that are meant to be awesome for looking after bikers.

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

There are many more natural trails around there that are superb. They can guide you around these. And they'll know where you can get repairs done etc.

That won't be a problem soon though, as I'll be running a mobile repair service at the Byrgwm (Raven) carpark next to the Dropoff Bus.
    I'm the head mechanic at Glyncorrrwg right now, but they don't pay well enough. So I'm putting my 20 years experience into Brechfa Forest instead.

Taff
    Free Member

Good stuff Skyline – will pop in and say hello on the occasions when I'm there. Used to live in Rhydcymerau which is the other side of Brechfa forest but moved away after uni and never moved back! Miss that place, if it wasn't for employment I would move back there. Some of the best natural riding around IMO, shame most of the tracks I started are now overgrown due to the use of the man made stuff… but they were started 15 years ago…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Brechfa village – worth staying a night?’ is closed to new replies.