Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Brechfa riding red and black as a single loop…
  • GaryLake
    Free Member

Hey guys,

I've been told that the Brechfa red and black can be ridden as a single loop a bit like W2 at Afan.

Is this way marked in anyway or is it a bit of guess work and map reading?

Also, any closures at Brechfa right now?

AndyRT
    Free Member

It is marked up. Some is not made up trail so will be really muddy!

Trailseeker
    Free Member

If you start @ Abergorlech & do the red, as you get to the top of the final decent, the black link is shown off to the right on the marker post – do the black & it brings you back on this link to complete the final red decent back to the car park.
    Its just under 24 miles (red + black) we did it in 4 hours & were not that fit!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Is it as obvious if I start on the black rather than the red? Prob going to be a bit short a ride, so would like the option of whipping round the blue/green afterwards for some more miles.

niloC
    Free Member

Is it as obvious if I start on the black rather than the red?

Yes, it's way marked but with the little sign posts, keep your eyes open and it's no problem.

freeridenick
    Free Member

How does Brechfa hold up in the winter? similar to Afan??

mtbfix

The Raven/black will be a bit more testing in winter as there are some parts that are not heavily metaled in the way Afan is. But that is what the knobbles of your tyres are for.

GaryLake
    Free Member

That was brilliant, Brechfa not holding up too badly and the connector was a piece of piss to find.

Did the Red, Black and Blue in the end…

Taff
    Free Member

It's great isn't just wish that rowan built that track while I was still living there

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Brechfa riding red and black as a single loop…’ is closed to new replies.