Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Brechfa Enduro Roll Call…
  • GaryLake
    Free Member

Hey all,

Looking forward to breaking my Brechfa cherry. I hear it's very man made with a lot of stone down – I assume it's pretty safe to run something fast tyre-wise regardless of conditions. What about rock gardens and roots? Thinking of running the usual 2.35 Blue Groove up front and a 2.1 Small Block 8 out back – tempted to switch the 2.35 Blue Groove for a 2.1 to lighten things up, but with 20km of descending I'm tempted to maximise the fun time going down… hmmmm

Anyway, riding with some other Cheesy Riders, will be taking my Orange Five.

Gary

nickegg
    Free Member

Never done the Enduro but have ridden all the waymarked trails before so i'm looking forward to seeing more of the forest.

Doing it solo as i know no-one interested in doing it 🙁

Going to be on my new Orange 5 though so can't wait for that 🙂

I'm going to be Mountain Kings as thats all i have right now. I actually like them on the man-made stuff.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Me and colleague doing it too. Another Orange 5 as well!

Hoping not to crash on those mental berms like I did during Trans Wales! 🙂

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

Yay Brechfa! I always really enjoy riding there, the berms are brilliant fun. Now then, dual compound Nevegals or 60a High Rollers?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I got a sneak preview of some of the added bits that will be in the enduro and they are great 🙂

Very, very different to the man-made trails. Narrow, tree lined singletrack with a great technical descent.

Most tyres work well at Brechfa, but I'd avoid anything with skinny sidewalls. Small block 8's work well as do Racing ralphs/nobby nics.

cheers_drive

Can't wait – I hope this weather holds!

I tried out my new Blue Groove front and Maxxis Larsen Mimo rear combo today. They were pretty good at Cwmcarn but I think I may put something with tougher sidewalls on the back.

Also a Cheesy Rider – waves at Gary and BadgerPoo – and riding a white Lapierre Zesty.

cheers_drive

bump

Surfr
    Free Member

I thought this was full now but the website still seems to allow you to buy a place. I'm pondering a last minute change of mind and heading down afterall.

ransos
    Free Member

Another Cheesy Rider here (hello badgerpoo, Gary & Cheers Drive). I'll be on a black Giant Trance with Pace forks. Blue Groove and Nevegal turned up yesterday, hopefully they'll be tougher than the High Rollers I kept pinch-flatting at Afan.

Who else is camping tomorrow night?

richc
    Free Member

I might be going, however I have hardly ridden in the last 5 weeks do to other shit going on, so if I do it sure is going to hurt.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

But it'll hurt in a good way…

Course is looking great, theres been allot of work done on the new sections, which contrast well with the exisiting bermtastic swoopfest.

I'm fairly certain there'll be entries available on the line + the forcast is looking good 🙂
    Will be there, as will Rowan Sorell apparently…

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Definately entries on the line, but better if you can get there in good time (Starts at 10.00 from the rugby club)
    Info here
    Course is looking good.
    Now with added Singletrack spot prizes! (Thanks Sim, Matt)

madal
    Free Member

The weather has turned guys and if it stays like this it'll be very slippery. We're hoping to spectate as it's only four mile to the top end of the route from our gaff.
    Very tempted to just enter myself, lack of fitness and miles would keep the air ambulance busy in my case though 🙄 😆 😆

mtbmatt
    Free Member

It never gets too slippery around Brechfa.
    Forecast is quite good for tommorow, so hopefully it will stay dry for the event. Not that it really matters, but will make it more pleasant.

madal
    Free Member

the last time I fore-warned some other riders about a slippery bit, they laughed and carried on. I continued on my way and then heard "Aaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhh" 😆

Trained in Brechfa for years now and know most of it well and usually use the natural tracks rather than the man made, much more enetertaining and not too many visitors so makes for safer runs/rides 😉

madal
    Free Member

Just had a couple of hours on the middle/Northern section and the Gorlech bit is in good nick, but there's some tricky bits linking the track sections.
    The sun is out now so should be really good for tomorrow 😉

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Agreed. Even earlier on today when it was raining (but still really warm), it was holding up really well. Sunny this afternoon + tomorrow, should be great. Look forward to seeing you fly past, Matt. You riding then Mad Al?

madal
    Free Member

Hell no Mal, realised my age and inability today :lol:, let the young guns do their thing and just hope I can get some pics and post them on here 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Brechfa Enduro Roll Call…’ is closed to new replies.