Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Breakfast Sandwich – is this wrong?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Got questioned in the pub this evening about my choice of breakfast sandwich –
    Bacon, Sausage, Cheese and a nice tomato relish on toast/toasted. Where was I going wrong?

sandwicheater

I’d eat that all day, ALL DAY!!

You have forgotten the egg though.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Aye thats an allday sandwich. Not sure egg could add to it though…. Pffft ofcourse it could.

wwaswas

I found out that pizza cake is a thing now;

dux
    Free Member

I eat that quite often but in a toasted pitta nom nom nom

chayle
    Free Member

I want that pizza thing right now!
    With HP or ketchup?

prawny

Sounds like a fairly good breakfast sarnie. Alhtough, is the cheese melted? If not then I can see that there could be issues.

That pizza cake looks fan-fapping-tastic. Where can I get one from?

Cougar

Where was I going wrong?

Caring what they thought.

66deg
    Free Member

[/url] hébergeur images[/img]
    Seems perfectly OK to me.
    The people who doubted you were they wearing sandals and carrying bags stuffed with tofu.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Despite what foreigners would have you believe cheese is NOT a breakfast item. However in the case of sandwich it can be granted an exemption. Carry on.

sandwicheater

That there photo has decided what I’m having for breakfast tomorrow, nomnomnom.

Something wrong with the photo as it’s got green in it somehow? Maybe it’s me screen?

prawny

Cheese is an awesome breakfast item.

Sometimes, I quite like having a nice cheese sandwich on white bread for breakkie, with a nice cup of black coffee/espresso. Mmmmm.

tinybits
    Free Member

66Deg has it. How is that NOT the breakfast of champions?

Although, I may replace the fired egg with a poached egg (done in a mould for a perfect circular fit)

66deg
    Free Member

The thing that irks me after ten years of living in France the culinary capitol of the universe.
    I CAN’T BUY FLIPPIN BACON.
    Each time i fly home the fist thing i have to do is sprint to the nearest purveyor of bacon in a bap to get a fix.

spawnofyorkshire

@66deg
    my uncle has lived in various bits of france for over 20 years. He can usually sweet talk a local butcher into producing him some bacon. That usually results in that butcher then supplying the other ex-pats in that area

wwaswas

Mmmmm, Bacon;

66deg
    Free Member

Thanks spawnofyorkshire i’ll give it a try.
    I should never have posted that photo i’ve given myself violent bacon pangs,it’s alright for you lot you can just decide to have one in the morning ill have to wait until mid October. 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PldqajlQbaA[/video]
    It’s easy

jamj1974

Cheese and tomato relish is where you went wrong Mike… No cheese and you need sauce.

Bregante

Cheese is an awesome breakfast item.

Sometimes, I quite like having a nice cheese sandwich on white bread for breakkie, with a nice cup of black coffee/espresso. Mmmmm.

Wrong un.

DrJ

That’s the thing with forrin. Say what you like about us all being one happy global family but at the end of the day, forrinners don’t do bacon.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

The lasagne burger has just arrived in Sydney. Am getting me one of these bad boys

wors

Funnily enough this was the topic of conversation at work yesterday, we came up with a full English pastie. Mmmmmm.

My Spanish colleague informed us that he had actually seen paella, as a pie!! Pie-ella, genius!!!

passtherizla
    Free Member

excellent Brekkie sanger!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

plus

plus

Food of the Gods. Destroyer of hangovers. Breakfast sandwich of champions.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Do the lumps not poke through the immediately soggy bread?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Crap bread, danish butter and yellow soup?

passtherizla
    Free Member

Sorry Malvern, that looks horrific.

wwaswas

the yellow soup with tofu floating in it isn’t working for me.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Obv the chinese takeaway curry is cold from night before, and usually all the chicken or whatever has been rifled thru, so what is left is a cold sandwich filing with onions and peas. Haven’t had one since 1993 but now have a craving.

(Feels lonely, thought everyone did this at some point!)

z1ppy

I’m alway happy to make (more brunch) sandwiches out of any take away leftovers (other chinese/curry/pizza!), but chinese curry never makes it into the leftover pile. All that lovely sauce is mopped up with the chips mmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMM.

PS: But not with crap white bread, that saved for special occasions, when the fishfingers come out.

PPS: Damn you Mikewsmith, I want to make bacon now!

binners

Forgive me middleclasstrackworld, for I have sinned….

I’d been stuck in traffic for ages. It was like a cry for help

It was ace! 😀 But now I feel dirty. Sullied. 😳

I’ve not even got a hangover, so there was no excuse other than my own low level gratification, and yearning for saturated fats, salt and sugar.

66deg
    Free Member

PPS: Damn you Mikewsmith, I want to make bacon now!

That’s easy for you to say.

66deg
    Free Member

I’d been stuck in traffic for ages. It was like a cry for help

It was ace! But now I feel dirty. Sullied.

Judas…. i’m gonna grass on you to the top brass at Greggs.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I just salted some more belly this evening 🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I give you:

Bacon, sausage, black pudding, tomato, egg & cheese. In a Yorkshire Pudding.

nom nom nom….

66deg
    Free Member

I just salted some more belly this evening

Thumps desk.
    Bangs head on wall.
    Kicks cat (not dog she’s lovely, cat’s evil)

Why oh why can’t we have one of those little white boxes in a layby serving up bacon&bap goodness, it’s a wonder this country functions at all.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

just ask the butcher for the meat, then salt it and then you have your bacon 🙂

binners

Would it be inappropriate to (again) post the piccies of my full english breakfast pie?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/eT62Fi]Sunday morning[/url] by Mike Smith 79, on Flickr

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Breakfast Sandwich – is this wrong?’ is closed to new replies.