Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Breadmaking machines.. worth it? Experiences?
  • CheesybeanZ

leftyboy – Member Thinking of getting a bread maker so I can make gluten free bread. Any recipes/advice for making gluten free bread?

How did you get on with gluten free recipes ?

Northwind

I got one of those panasonics, it’s very good. I do gluten free with glutafin select multipurpose mix, it’s the best gf flour substitute I’ve found. It makes for a slightly foamy/spnogy bread and it only really keeps for 2 days at most, but it’s very tasty, and very easy. Much better than any shop bought gf bread. Most manufacturers seem to tailor their recipes for the Panasonic machines and settings so it’s as simple as reading the box. (just put one on, it has a GF setting but glutafin recommend one of the normal bread settings)

It makes epic fried bread btw. Soaks up fat like you wouldn’t believe.

I used to have a Kenwood, it was alright but the settings didn’t really work with my recipe so I ended up having to do a manual intervention- bake for an hour and a half on one setting then override and put it into another. That was a pain in the arse. But mostly, it just wasn’t up for regular use, it was obviously catering for the “make bread about 3 times then lose interest” market whereas the Pan is up for daily home use.

(the glutafin select isn’t 100% gluten free but it’s codex approved so should be fine for most coeliacs etc. But I know some people require a 100% gluten free not just the very-nearly-gluten-free of the codex alimentarius (*), so ymmv. But I think we’ve tried them all, and it’s the best white mix by far imo)

(* which always makes me think of warhammer.)

spooky_b329

Thread resurrection!

Anyway…I have the Panasonic one. One day I realised I was eating an obscene amount of bread/calories so it now just gets brought out for ‘special occasions’, pizza dough etc.

Mine has the dispenser for nuts etc, rarely use that feature.

CheesybeanZ

Thanks Northwind , we’ll try that recipe and see how MrsbeanZ gets on with the glutafin select .

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Breadmaking machines.. worth it? Experiences?’ is closed to new replies.