Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Greace for hope hub
  • mattyfez

Not fussed about making it louder or quieter..

What’s good to use? I’ve got some Halfords bike Hut bearing grease, the pink stuff.. Is that OK or should I use something thinner?

Thanks

P-Jay
    Free Member

I feel that you weren’t sure which you wanted, Grease or Greece so went for a half-way house, well done sir – **** the pendants – we know what you mean!

Anyway, IMHO ‘bike grease’ – which is what 99% of stuff is and what you’ve probably got, is perfect for the job – some people like Marine / Lithium grease as it puts up with water a bit better, but it’s a bit thicker so might make you’re bike drag 0.001% more, but I certainly wouldn’t bother buying some in just to grease your pawls.

mattyfez

Yes I may have consumed some festive beverages!

Yeh I think the ‘stuff’ I’ve got is multipurpose bearing /hub stuff generic bike greeece.

Thanks.

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH2a30LTeWw[/video]

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m with you Matty – I’m not drinking alone, that would be wrong! Jesus is with me!

And possibly some of STW.

robhughes
    Free Member

mobil xhp 222.The blue stuff that hope use.
    Send me your address and i’ll fire some over to you as a xmas prezzie. 😀
    Addy in profile

mattyfez

Very generous, thanks! Happy to bung you a couple of quid via Amazon or PayPal gift for the effort!

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I use brown Castrol bearing grease myself, seems to work fine, what is the name of the blue stuff if I need to order it?

EDIT: Just seen the newer post, mobil xhp 222 it is!

I feel that you weren’t sure which you wanted, Grease or Greece so went for a half-way house, well done sir – **** the pendants – we know what you mean!

It’s almost Turkey time 😀

mattyfez

Awaits ‘can I cook a turkey in lithium grease’ thread!

robhughes
    Free Member

YGM matt.

wrecker
    Free Member

I bought the hub oil for industry 9 hubs.

benji
    Free Member

I think swapping Greece for a hope hub given their current economy is a fair swap 😆

mattyfez

Boom! Haha!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Greace for hope hub’ is closed to new replies.