Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Brave or foolish?
  • Bunnyhop

Last night at 10.00p.m hubby rings to ask me to meet him from local railway station approx. 1 mile away.
    This means walking through the local (well lit) park in the dark.
    The park seemed to be full of teenagers still playing on bikes on the skateboard ramps.
    Then coming down towards the canal, I nearly jumped out of my skin as 2 community police officers came around the corner. There were loads of other people out and about too, with dogs or just out for a stroll ‘cos the wind and rain had eased off.
    Clutching the large golf brolly I was ready for anything, but felt very relieved when a slighty staggering familiar face came towards me.

Have the attitude that we shouldn’t be frightened to go out and enjoy the places we live in, night or day, maybe wouldn’t do this in a city centre though.

Smee
    Free Member

You only get trouble if you go looking for it. That tends to be the way the world works.

barca
    Free Member

Is he sacred of the dark? 🙂
    Even though I witnessed that murder on the canal which must be only about 2 miles up the way from you, it’s not exactly Gangland Ghetto round there. You should have got the BMX out, set off half an hour earlier and had a mess on the skate park in the memorial park while you were waiting.

jcromton
    Free Member

Er, may not be my place to say, but doesn’t it say more about the husband than the state of the country?!

Bunnyhop

Barca-do you mean that Woman at New Mills who was walking her dog early one morning?
    We went to St. Peters square today to see the bike thingy, very nice weather for it 🙂
    Yep-Hubby is a wimp.

barca
    Free Member

The very one J, She was power walking and he was only out of prison two days earlier. Derbyshire Serious Crime had to deal with it rather than GMP, based on my location as it was all unfolding. It was over the county boundary by yards apparently. I was on my way over to Ladybower at the time.
    Was the bike stuff any good? Em’s on stage tomorrow.
    🙂

Bunnyhop

That’s terrible, did you have to go to court? I remember it all clearly, as we ride along there all the time I took an interest.

Yes the skills area was full of children, some of them quite talented.
    J. knows Don the cycling officer well, so we stopped to find out about the latest route down Dale road ( building new bridge where the ford used to be near Chadkirk Chapel).

Have fun tomorrow.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Brave or foolish?’ is closed to new replies.