Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Brakes – are dual control worth it?
  • Murray

I need a new set of brakes so that I can build up my old bike. My current LX disc brakes will be going onto the old bike – new brakes will be for the Holeshot Ti.

XT dual control are £120 at chainreaction, XT are £100. Which would you go and why?

brakes
    Free Member

haven’t they stopped making dual control?

crazy-legs

Yes, DC never really took off as Shimano intended – personally I love them and still have 2 sets, XTR and XT DC, both are ace.

About the only downside is that you’re then stuck with Shimano brakes although that’s no bad thing, all my sets have been fantastic. Gets expensive if you change though cos you need to buy a new set of disc brakes (or a new set of shifters).

Parvis
    Free Member

I’ve got dual control on one bike and triggers on the other. I definitely prefer triggers, but dual control is nowhere near as bad as everyone seems to think.

Parvis
    Free Member

To justify my preference, I sometimes change gear by accident with dual control, and the formula brakes on the other bike are more powerful. Also the dual control that I have is the old style which isn’t very compatible with riser bars.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Brakes – are dual control worth it?’ is closed to new replies.